Lines chat vs TP forum

I know. I’m sure it’s still intimidating for them to see it as their first intro to the forum.

Yes, both the forum and chat can be a challenge for new users, and both need to be learned. Sometimes little things like finding threads you have started or the “show more replies” aspect of chat can take a while too.

3 Likes

I feel like the format here is pretty consistent with most forums layout. Chat on the other hand is archaic and I haven’t seen anything like it.

1 Like

I keep forgetting to do this. It would be nice if it would sort the latest post by default :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

I agree!

1 Like

This looks like the very first open thread. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Just interesting to see how much the forum grew and evolved.

2 Likes

Yup, that was my doing :slight_smile: I’m an inventor of fine things!

4 Likes

I grabbed that drop box file. Do you think it is useful if updated?

2 Likes

You have contributed so much to this forum! :two_hearts:

Thanks. It is definitely useful if updated. I do think that it is mostly a planning tool though and would be better placed on the forums. I could envision the currently pinned UOR daily tips thread being replaced by a file in the OP that stays updated. Plus, it would be good to refer more people here where there is generally more information.

Other threads on chat that get bumped are good to be there, like the Uni Websites one.

Let me try to move that editable file from my personal one drive to my personal Google Drive.

1 Like

Thanks. I tried copy and paste to Google doc but it didn’t turn out good.

Oh. I got it now. Just hit download and it went right into a Microsoft Word file.

I think this is a public Google link https://docs.google.com/file/d/1co-z9hBUF5XMnA5jblUDB31Q6507NvOZ/edit?usp=docslist_api&filetype=msword

For some reason I think @ICONTROLWDW started those threads and he found some of the info on a forum (maybe here?).

1 Like

I love it and its people. I just tend to it as I do with all things I love.

2 Likes

Yes that link works, thanks. Ok if I edit from google docs?

Yes! I don’t know enough to touch it!

1 Like

I have been a TP member now for under a year. When I first started, it made the most (easiest) sense for me to download the app. When I did that, I was able to see chat and follow along. The forums were a link on the homepage and I didn’t even start looking at the forum until @missoverexcited ’s trip report. I didn’t understand why there were two options or what they each offered.

It took me a long time to sort through the forum and understand the info presented here.

I still cannot figure out how to insert GIFs into the forum and I had to ask for help on how to blur. I do appreciate, however, the search ability AND that there is no character limit. And honestly, I think the forum is more fun. It’s less of the same question over and over again, and a little more laid back.

9 Likes

I’m more of a forum Liner but there’s some interesting things that have been discovered in Chat by people rapidly posting their in-park experiences, and I’m grateful for it.

In general I think forums are better for FAQs and summarizing key info, but Chat is better for in-park communication. There also seems to be more newbie-type questions in Chat.

Both have their place, I feel.

5 Likes

Chat was my main place for years. But my Samsung keyboard and the chat app aren’t liking each other so half the time I can’t respond. It is unpredictable so they are having trouble fixing it. :frowning: I miss it and certain people but get super frustrated super fast.

They know about the forum. Smaller number of users but they tend to do some of both.

3 Likes