Lines chat vs TP forum

Would you say a bounce back is a better deal than MVT? I think we got a bounce back offer at Poly many years ago but none since then.

@DocHopper Why yes I do! Because knowledge is priceless! Now this is the the quick wit I expect from both chat and forum.

I’m relatively new. I joined at Christmas. Personally, I think the sense of humor here on the forums is more prevalent as I think sometimes people get offended more easily on Chat and that sort of bugs me. However, I do like Chat. If I have a really simple question (can I take a boat from DS to POFQ or is it only for resort guests), I ask on Chat. If I want opinions (should we get MM or not) or I’m on my computer, I ask on Forums. I like the banter on Forums, I don’t think it’s cliquey. It’s clear that people have built relationships via Forums, but everyone has been very welcoming and helpful. Also, Chat is easier to scroll through when I’m on a break at work…interesting things are posted there and sometimes I get good snippets of information!

1 Like

Wow, you go back further than I do; backstage had just closed a month or two before I joined. @weasus filled me in on that page in history, and it sounded pretty bad…

1 Like

You’ve clearly never had worms in the dirt as dessert…er, pudding.

4 Likes

Well, I have. But I carefully extricate the worms from the dirt and throw them away first. (I’m not a candy kind of person, but I LOVES ME some chocolate!)

4 Likes

That one actually has pudding (American) as an ingredient, so it’s pudding on both sides of the Atlantic!

2 Likes

I just now stumbled upon this thread-I don’t have my notifications turned on (same for FB, etc., because I get too distracted during the day.)

Yes it’s funny how I like to go in an answer any questions on chat or forum with crickets…it’s like my daily “crossword puzzle” or something, only I get to talk about my favorite things. :grinning:

3 Likes

Funny that you bumped this thread just now.

I’ve been looking at Chat more lately, which I had really never done before. The Disney Lines chat seems very active. Lots of in-park questions.

Now the UOR Chat is not as active, but of course it’s still using the ancient (old style) app. I’ve actually made a couple posts there to answer questions. But the problem there is that most threads are not in-park or short term related. Not sure why users don’t post their planning questions in the forums because it’s so much better to use for many reasons. Plus, it still tells you at the top that Chat is for in-park questions and to visit the forums for other discussion.

1 Like

Does Lines Chat - on either WDW, UOR, or DL side - reference the forums? I wonder if newer folks don’t know it exists.

Older members have chosen their preferred posting location and have stuck with it. I occasionally wander over to chat but it’s for a quick blip (not the Thanos kind)

1 Like

Yes UOR, which seems like the biggest problem. I mean, It’s fine that discussion is there as long as questions get answered. But they must not realize how much more enjoyable and beneficial the forum is, compared to the hard to navigate Chat.

Oh weird.

Welp. I got nothin then! :laughing:

When I do blip over to Chat it’s because it’s an immediate need or a boots-on-the-ground-now intel I need. Forum is my preferred format.

1 Like

The WDW chat responders refer liners to the forum multiple times a day. BG1 and drop details remain in LaCava.

I saw you on Uni chat @bebe80 !

3 Likes

It is a divisive topic. I’ve asked on chat why they don’t too like the forum and it’s what they know. They’re nice and helpful. People are really split. The fact that you don’t know if someone replied without scrolling through os mind boggling and no search feature.

1 Like

They’ve said they don’t like the fact that you can search the forum and bring up old threads. I’m chat they keep asking the same questions over bit are getting the latest info.

1 Like

Yeah but I don’t think I can stay there :laughing: The functioning of it just drives my bonkers!

1 Like

OK. 1 positive out of 10 negatives. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Ha - I agree. It’s strange how divisive everyone is over there preferences.

1 Like

I don’t think it helps that we direct to Cava which has 3,000 posts and is intimidating.

Too bad I haven’t pointed out you can sort by “latest post”. Never mind- I have.

I have also said I would be willing to PM and send links and screen shots to anyone that needs help.