Lines 2.0 Beta Testers - 10 needed

Finally, was starting to think most liners were IOS :joy::joy: Android for life here!

4 Likes

Are there any other specific things needing tested in the beta app??
I said I’d go back in and test some plans again, but never made the time again :see_no_evil:
I can make time for specifics.
On the whole, it looks good :+1:t2:

I was one of the Android testers! :grin:

1 Like

I think they are done since they are announcing it?

1 Like

My iPad just updated.

I don’t see a link to the forum, or non park menus?

I can’t find UOR anything either (chat, parks etc) in the new app.

IPhone is only showing WDW content.

Oh, you use the WDW app link to go to the Uni? I have the Uni app downloaded.You are right, I didn’t notice that!

Nor had I! I thought you had to have the US app instead. Interesting!

1 Like

It’s only WDW right now.

We’ll add links to the forum and to non-park menus too. Thanks for catching that.

2 Likes

Yes, you could go to the home page of the regular lines app and go to universal from there. It was easier to me than having two apps. But, I’m just using the UOR app for UOR stuff now and getting used to the new look of the WDW one. No worries!

1 Like

I sort of forgot that there were different apps. I saw the links pop up in my WDW one and never thought about it.

Okay. I gave it a try. The main problem is that while you have access to SOME of the functionality, it isn’t really quite the same. For example, the “Parks” button at the bottom will still show WDW parks even if you clicked over to Universal.

Just took a quick look on my iPad - just wanted to pin here:

I find the chat thread replies with newest at top makes it hard to follow the thread of the conversation as before without scrolling all the way to the end and then back up while reading.

Also, My Chats only showing threads I started (as opposed to including those I replied to) makes it hard to jump back into threads I was involved in later without scrolling through everything to see if any replies occurred.

Haven’t had time to play too much, but liking the interface on other parts of the app so far!

1 Like

I kept opening the app and didn’t see any changes. So, I deleted it and reopened and now can see the beautiful new TP app :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I emailed last night. The my chats issue was something that was addressed in the test app.

I thought they said they could fix the down/up chats but they never did. Honestly, I am so happy with other pieces I think we will adjust!

2 Likes

Thanks for the info!

My chats being different is a little annoying, but I suppose I can get used to it since I’m likely scrolling through things anyway. (Although, sometimes I just pop in for the one thread that is active.)

But when reading the longer threads, I predict I’m going to grumble every time I have to scroll down 150 replies to head back up chronologically. …and there’s no way I’m ever reading things in reverse. But maybe that issue would just annoy me more than it will others. :wink:

1 Like

I noticed it with a thread started by AgentCarter. A thread was started but went through 3 posts. Now if anyone replies, the complete thread starts at the top and then continues to the bottom.

I’ll check on the ‘My chats’ thing.

We might be able to make ‘Char response order’ a setting for users, too, so you can reverse it if desired.

1 Like

The “My Chats” thing showing replies as well as threads started should be fixed soon.

Also, if everyone realllllllly likes it better with oldest replies first, I can flip it around :slight_smile:

3 Likes