Liners in the Mainframe: Who's Going for TRON Previews and When?

Thought someone ought to try and keep track of Liners’ comings and goings to see who, when, and where paths can be crossed. Post your travel plans and your preview window, and I’ll try to keep this updated to facilitate Meet & Geeks (as my better half has taken to calling them) and maybe some group rides.

We’re only going to be over for the day, and beyond our 2pm window, we don’t have anything else on the books yet.

TRON Ride Window
February 22
9am
@FindMeAFishingSpot

February 24
9am
@FindMeAFishingSpot

March 6
7pm
@baemax

March 8
1:30pm
@noreen99

March 10
3pm
@Dreamer

March 11
6:30pm
@PrincipalTinker
@StinsyLinson

March 12
2pm
@ScottFL

Travel Dates (ordered by arrival date)
@FindMeAFishingSpot February 22-25
@baemax March 3-7
@noreen99 March 3-10
@StinsyLinson March 9-13
@Dreamer March 10-15
@PrincipalTinker March 11-12
@mathhound March 23 - April 5

15 Likes

March 11th at 6:30. We are flying down for one night.

6 Likes

Not doing Tron but we will be there 3/23 to 4/5 and are game for trying to meet up with liners!

6 Likes

OKW trip March 3-10

Tron preview
March 8th 1:30pm

5 Likes

Preview on
2/22 from 9-10am
2/24 from 9-10am

We’ll be at the HS After Hours on 2/22 and Epcot the rest of 2/24 and Universal 2/23 and 2/25.

5 Likes

March 10th at 3.
Travel dates 3/10 to 3/15.

7 Likes

March 6 from 7-8 PM
Travel dates: March 3 to 7

5 Likes

March 11th at 6:30pm
Travel dates currently 3/10 to 3/12…but thinking about picking up an After Hours event and extending my trip on one end or the other. Flying solo this trip, so happy to meet up!

4 Likes

So I just stared at the work calendar today and realized I can’t be in the air during the day on March 10th or March 12th…so I am definitely extending my trip dates. Will update when I figure it out! It’s like a panicked and picked a Tron preview or something…

7 Likes

I like Guardians better, but Tron was lots of fun!

12 Likes

Yay!! Glad you enjoyed it!!

2 Likes

Ok, plans shifted…I’m now going 3/9 -3/13.
Now to decide whether to change resorts twice during my visit or to cancel AoA and move my whole stay to Coronado…(I’ve never stayed at either)

1 Like

An extra day on either end. Good for you!

2 Likes

My son - always asked to stay @ Coronado. We stayed there in 2012 he was was 12 then…and it was before we bought into DVC -

honestly every year when we plan it’s goes something like this
“can we stay at Coronado”…NO we are staying on points “when are they putting one at Coronado, can we stay at Caribbean beach?”

3 Likes

After you ride come take this poll :grin:

3 Likes

I’ve already ridden twice with CM previews but we are doing our AP preview 3/9 7-8pm! I’m excited for my DH to ride in the dark this round :grin:

4 Likes

Ok @baemax - what’d you think?

2 Likes

I’ve been struggling to put my thoughts together on it. It’s a really cool ride, and I enjoyed it, but as many others have mentioned, it’s very short. I also found the ride position uncomfortable on my knees (felt like kneeling on a hard surface) so I was kind of glad it was short. I would probably enjoy it a lot more the second time, knowing what to expect, so I could take in more of the details.

I waited 80 minutes to ride. I got in line a couple of minutes before my window and the end of the line was across from Cosmic Ray’s. I’m pretty sure that’s the longest line I’ve waited in at Disney (I’m a Liner after all!) and I was solo on this trip (so no one to chat with to make the wait less boring), and this probably factored into my feelings about it. I’d do this one as a ILL in the future.

Also I agree with others that if you’re comparing it to GotG, it’s going to be disappointing. GotG is mind-blowingly fun and amazing. Tron was really cool, but it couldn’t compare. If you haven’t experienced GotG yet, I’d ride Tron first so you’re not comparing the two.

4 Likes

Do you think it was because people from the earlier group were trying to ride after dark or did you notice if this was sort of the line length throughout the day?

I’m going to try not to compare it to GotG, but that ride is so fun…I want that level of excitement all the time now!

2 Likes

I think this was probably the only instance ever I was happy I wear leg braces. They have built in cushion to prevent the discomfort with kneeling. DS noted he was a little uncomfortable in that position after 2 rides.

And holy smokes 80 minutes! That seems insane.

4 Likes