Like Han without Chewy...I’m Solo (a sorta live trip report) (COMPLETE)

Enjoy every minute!

1 Like

Packed Hollywood Blvd 15 min before park open.

11 Likes

Wow!!! That’s, well, wow! I have no words.

1 Like

TSMM is delayed opening. This mass of humanity will be disappointed.

I was gonna rope drop RNR, but I think I’m gonna pass. I’m gonna wander and take in the atmosphere.

9 Likes

I love doing this!

1 Like

Wow!!!

1 Like

Holy Cow!!!

What is first on the list?

I should have read a little bit further!

Yikes. I do not like crowds. Even sitting here at my desk that makes me panic a little. Good luck today!!

1 Like

I wandered a bit. Took in the Solo exhibit at Launch Bay. Wandered Walt Presents and rode Star Tours twice!
Then a leisurely stroll from HS to EP. took me 40 minutes, but I walked slow and stopped a lot. The construction is crazy but These resorts are gorgeous

Now it’s time for Park 2, Epcot. Lunch and staying cool in the 110° heat index (or so I was told!)!

13 Likes

Agree. We were there the first week of June and the difference between the block of 8am - 11 am and 11 am - 2 pm was HUGE. So much done in the morning… so many people (and heat) by midday. We were there early and enjoyed it immensely.

1 Like

Wowzer!!! Stay cool!

I love WDW, but better you than me. Even if someone else offered to pay for the whole thing, I would not go Jun-Sept. But I’m very glad you’re having a good time. I’m enjoying following you.

3 Likes

Ugh, is rope drop always like that? Im claustrophobic!

Hope you’re having a great day!

1 Like

Cute dog.

2 Likes

Great report! Love all the photos.

1 Like

Great reporting Rob! Can’t believe those crowds :open_mouth: and the heat :open_mouth:
Have a fantastic day :grinning:

1 Like

It’s what I do.

2 Likes

Pretty much, yes this is a typical rope drop. The crowd disperses fast once the park is open. This is why being early and at the front of the pack is amazing.

4 Likes

Having dinner and taking a break so I’ll update.
Let’s go back to this morning…
I entered International Gateway (no bag makes things so easy! But I still got the metal detector every time). Walked past France

And explored Morocco. Of all the pavilions this is my favorite. It has books and crannies. I never noticed the wall plaques before. They are very Epcot and educational. I wish all the pavilions were like this. Here’s just a few pics.

Then it was time for lunch. Tangierene Cafe was delicious!

13 Likes