Life, uh, finds a way ••• QWERTY’s Universal (mis)Adventures?

This has been a fun thread.

I’m sorry for the car trouble, but a day will come when you look back at all that and laugh, while remembering what a great trip you had.

15 Likes

Especially that one!

1 Like

Interesting. Maybe.

1 Like

Working out at 4 am?!?

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing your TR.

1 Like

Thank you so much for this trip report— it has certainly been roller coaster-esque, with some highs and some lows.

Hoping for an uneventful return trip home for you all.:purple_heart:

3 Likes

What an amazing trip @QwertySC.
Thanks for taking us along :yellow_heart:
Hope the return journey is uneventful :crossed_fingers:t2::crossed_fingers:t2::crossed_fingers:t2::crossed_fingers:t2:

5 Likes

Thank YOU. It felt fun to me to have such a robust cheering section.

@Broph1988 ’s husband says if it’s funny later, it’s funny now.
I’m not laughing about the tire yet….
Or the hours in the airport.
Or
Or
Or

But the whole absurd thing together. definitely funny.

And I will be SO careful naming threads in the future. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

14 Likes

Yes. 4AM. He seemingly needs very little sleep and is a morning person.
I am also a morning person, but very much need sleep.

1 Like

I’m excited for your UOR trip coming up. It will be interesting to see how you approach it with so much time.

4 Likes

When are you going to UOR? What are your food allergies?

Wow. I thought mine was crazy for working out at 5 am. I’m not a morning person.

3 Likes

Me too :laughing:

Your TR has been a great source of inspiration for us. Thank you :yellow_heart::green_heart::yellow_heart::green_heart::yellow_heart:

5 Likes

I think you will have a great time. But there is only so much to do. I think you could be very creative organizing your days and having lots of pool time.

4 Likes

We are there June 12th through June 18th.

Gluten is what I watch the most— I’m thankful that it’s just me, and it’s also not a strict “allergy”. I’m not celiac. I have an autoimmune disease where I have intolerances to gluten and it causes inflammation in my body and various symptoms. I have a coworker with the same autoimmune disease that also is celiac and if her food touches gluten, she has horrible vomiting and hives. I just don’t feel great.

I also stay away from dairy and soy and caffeine, but small to moderate amounts of those don’t cause much of a reaction.

2 Likes

Oh that’s good! Very easy to hit the toggle for “gluten free roll,” etc.

Are you excited? Have you been there before.

2 Likes

I’m SO EXCITED.

I haven’t been there since 1990/1991! I went there with my parents and brother— we went on the Jaws ride, and ET!

Islands if Adventure didn’t exist, of course. I remember the Psycho house up on the hill by the Hard Rock Cafe lol.

My husband has never been and obviously my daughters haven’t either. We started reading/watching Harry Potter a year ago so we are most excited for the wizarding world.

8 Likes

Our friend is like you - avoids gluten, dairy, and soy. We’ve learned how to prepare foods that work when we share meals at our houses.

2 Likes

:joy::joy:

Yes, only positive words in the next one.

Thank you for sharing your trip with us! You have a beautiful family. Great job on the reporting and thanks for all the photos. Glad you experienced everything you wanted to. Praying those extra expenses aren’t a big burden on the family. Until the next time!

:relaxed:

10 Likes

You mean…
You Can Teach an Old Cat New Tricks (a planning thread) - getting close - #236 ?

Although with just the two of us powering through, live might be weird.
(But maybe not. She likes my message board friends.)

10 Likes