Life, uh, finds a way ••• QWERTY’s Universal (mis)Adventures?

Yes :joy: we’ll be gone for 60 hours total. So crazy. I left my boys with my SIL and her 6 kids the last week of school, so couldn’t stay away for longer.

1 Like

Wow!
Have fun!

Thanks. My cousin is getting married, first wedding among the cousins since mine 8 years ago. So fun times will be had!

3 Likes

Did y’all decide one way or another about typhoon lagoon vs Disney springs? Did the rest of the family wake up yet to consult?

How does consulting work when you have that many people? I feel like if you get everyone’s opinion, someone(s) is bound to be disappointed. And then if they’re 4, they have a terrible tantrum.

3 Likes

We walked outside.

It just felt like a storm.

Started driving.

Then national weather service started interrupting this programming.

Now I’m in the parking lot of a dentist office waiting to see what happens.

60mph winds. Til 9:30.
Not interested in getting on I-4.

9 Likes

I get key input and just feel out the crowd.

DH, DD17 and DS19 carry the most weight for me…
YMMV

5 Likes

It looks like the worst storm is through. Just looks like rain to the south that could come up yet, or not at all.

5 Likes

I enjoy determining exact airbnb/vrbo location based on photos and google maps. If they have a pool it’s usually pretty easy as pools stand out well in the google map satellite view.

4 Likes

I gather that photo is from Florean Fortescue’s in Diagon alley? Didn’t know they had butterbeer soft serve ice cream there, good to know. Great place with lots of interesting flavors. Our fave was clotted cream. So British.

5 Likes

Horror Make-up show fave line: this isn’t Disney, we don’t have to be nice to little kids here!

:rofl:

15 Likes

Yeah I know it’s multiple locations. Sometimes just in a bowl.

2 Likes

:joy:

10 Likes

Most of my family did get to see this show! :+1:

4 Likes

In Typhoon Lagoon parking lot.
Can’t see dropping off DS21/DGF at Disney Springs before it opens.

If we did try a few hours here it would be decidedly uncrowded.

But is it worth it?

5 Likes

Greenville SC is my absolute favorite place! My whole family loves it. We often take the 2.5 hour drive and stay the weekend at one of the hotels downtown. If there are concerts, we’ll try and see them at Bon Secours vs in Atlanta (which is only a 40 min drive).
Do you like living there? How are the schools? We often think of moving there. Or Hilton Head. Or FL, so I can live out my dreams and become AP holders. Mostly interested in Greenville, tho.
Feel free to ignore this or answer later, I know you’re just coming off of that vacation high :crazy_face: Sorry about all the drama you had with your van, but glad you were able to not let that ruin your vacation!

7 Likes

Do it!! A water park in the rain actually sounds so much fun. That would be ideal conditions for me to go to a water park. As long as it’s not thunder and lightning and the water is closed

6 Likes

We just moved here in June. @QwertySC wasnt far behind. My kids aren’t school age, so idk about the schools. My nieces and nephews attend an “elite” (read: expensive) preparatory academy. What I hear, in general, about the public schools is either that they’re not great, or some are good and some aren’t. You can always join some local groups on Facebook to ask for specifics.

We really like living here. Exceeds expectations. It is an outdoor lovers paradise. I spend so much time outside with my kids, year round. The least amount of time outside on these hot summer days and sticky summer nights though!

The biggest downside is no pizza that compares to home for @QwertySC or me :joy:

ETA: my kids are 2 and 4. Oldest is starting a forest (pre)school next year. Should be fun.

8 Likes

I’m so glad I’ve ventured out of just the WDW section of the forum.

The start of your trip was truly horrifying! I hope it all works out in the best way possible.

The rest of the trip has been a joy to follow along!

10 Likes

Have you tried Frodo’s Pizza on Pleasantburg Drive, yet? It’s our favorite pizza in SC.

2 Likes

Since we hate to fly I’d been mulling over getting AAA. Not anymore.

1 Like