“Let’s Keep a Little Optimism Here.” - A Family Trip Report

Correct.

No, if you use the Anytime on an attraction for which you don’t have a regular LL, it will be consumed. I believe you can get a LL for the same attraction and the Anytime will still work as a Golden Ticket (won’t be consumed but will let you return any time up to your window).

4 Likes

It wouldn’t let me get one for POTC the day I’d gotten one for POTC that then went down and we were then granted an anytime. I think bc I’d tapped into POTC already.

1 Like

That’s right, I think if you have tapped in (e.g., you were evacuated), it won’t let you get another one. But if you haven’t tapped in (like if the ride was down for a thunderstorm) it might let you get one. (I may be wrong about that but you should try just in case.)

4 Likes

For the team!

5 Likes

@QwertySC and @Jeff_AZ, I know I’m being a very slow learner on this but one more question!

Break now at resort. I booked a 5:30-6:30 Jungle Cruise. Does that do anything to the anytime? Can I use that or should I get rid of it?

2 Likes

As long as you have the Anytime, you can use the Jungle Cruise LL anytime before and during its return window. It does not affect the Anytime in any way.

3 Likes

You’re right. That’s just mean of us. You can stay her mom and the rest of it will continue to be her aunties.

7 Likes

Great! Thanks!

2 Likes

I’m very confused about why you’re asking this which makes me wonder if I’m missing something. Why do you think you’d need to get rid of it?

1 Like

Because it’s one of the ones on the list that it doesn’t work for. I wasn’t sure if it would mess anything up. I can’t wrap my brain around how I’m
able to just walk in these rides.

3 Likes

Oh! Got it. Yes, the only difference here is that you have to use the JC one during its return window. You won’t be able to use it any time. But you can get another LL in 2 hours for something else that the Anytime is eligible for.

1 Like

That’s the plan! Thanks again!

1 Like

Sorry. At the pool.

Someone explained it me carefully. Used examples of gatekeepers. I still don’t understand. But it’s very cool.

4 Likes

I think I’m good now, thanks! Have fun at the pool!

1 Like

I’m confused.

Too many negatives in here for my brain.

Doing this will “use up” the anytime pass. That’s fine if you want to use it, but not fine if you want to keep your golden ticket. :wink:

No, I literally don’t understand what it’s saying.

So if you have an LL for say, Haunted Mansion, don’t use the anytime? But if you don’t have an LL for Haunted Mansion you can use it and keep the anytime?

Why bother making ANY LLs then if you have the Anytime?

1 Like

You need the LL to have something to get through the taps.

because if you don’t have an LL it will use up the anytime.

1 Like

If you have any time lightning Lane, you can go to one of the permitted rides and use that any time pass and go on the ride. But then it’s gone. If instead, you grab a lightning lane four, haunted mansion, and you go to the tap. You are allowed to tap in for haunted mansion regardless of what time your lightning Lane was for. And it will remove the haunted mansion lightning lane, but you will retain your anytime

Let me try to start over:

An Anytime Pass has the Midas touch: it turns any LL you are holding (for which the Anytime is eligible) into gold, i.e., you can use the LL any time before or during its return window.

Now, if you have an Anytime Pass but DON’T have a regular LL for the attraction you are using it on, (let’s call this a “Naked Anytime”), then it will be consumed when you tap into an attraction. You will lose the Midas Touch.

So you always want to “clothe” your Anytime with a regular LL for the attraction that you’re tapping into. The system will consume the regular LL first before consuming the Anytime.

And to repeat, the Anytime only has the Midas Touch for attractions it is eligible to be used for (listed on the bottom of the screen).

18 Likes