“Let’s Keep a Little Optimism Here.” - A Family Trip Report

We are back again this summer! This time we are celebrating my son’s high school graduation. Our trip includes my husband (Don), daughter (Bethany), son (Brandon), and me! My parents are not along this time. My mom was recently diagnosed with kidney cancer and just had surgery a few weeks ago. She’s doing well, so we decided to keep the trip with her blessing and leave her in the capable hands of my sisters. It’s been another tough year for us, but we’ve made it through with a lot of support, including many of my good friends here on touring plans!

I’m not at all sure that I know what I’m doing with Genie and all that nonsense, but I’m going to give it a go tomorrow for our first park day - Epcot! We drove all the way from PA (not my choice) and are staying at a Disney Springs hotel tonight. We drove through the night, so it will be an early bedtime tonight.

This is our first stop to eat. 25 minutes after we left our house :joy:.

38 Likes

Skywalker and Obi are living it up at the dog sitter’s house!

25 Likes

Love your dogs’ names! :blue_heart:

Have a great trip!

10 Likes

Thanks! We :heart: Star Wars so much! I’m going to try, but a little sad to just read @bebe80 say something about drops changing. It’s a lot to keep up with :crazy_face:

9 Likes

Have a blast! No main drops changing for now, you got this! :grinning:

6 Likes

Well, we spent tonight at guest services in Disney Springs because all of a sudden Brandon wasn’t named Brandon anymore in our MDE. A totally different first and last name. Hopefully, that’s fixed!

11 Likes

Is that the place you did that photo re-creation that they put on the wall?

3 Likes

Yay!
I’m glad you’re doing a TR.
Looking forward to following along…
Have a blast!!!

4 Likes

I’m a little sleep deprived but what photo?!

4 Likes

Looking forward to your trip report!!! Now get some sleep :sleeping:

3 Likes

@QwertySC made me try a new stop, and Brandon loved it! :joy:

22 Likes

I am seriously the only one awake! They turned off The Last Jedi and all fell asleep at 6:30. Bethany made it to 7!

11 Likes

Rest, Friend.

Tomorrow you have all the fun.

9 Likes

The one where the kids ordered the same dessert and posed the same way they had years earlier.

2 Likes

Oh! I forgot about that! No, this was Red Robin :joy:
My husband ordered a burger that had lettuce instead of a bun. I can’t imagine!

7 Likes

Ooh, where was the Bucees? We want to stop at one too!

5 Likes

We passed two. The first one we missed because you couldn’t really see it until you passed the exit. I think the second one was around Daytona. I’ll double check when people are wake!

5 Likes

I am so happy it wasn’t just me and Marie!

6 Likes

One is near St Augustine and one near Daytona.

3 Likes

Does anyone know how early we can drop off our stuff at FQ before heading to Epcot?

4 Likes