Is Launch Bay open again for character greets?

Doing WDW Sept 11-18th. Will be dressing up in my Jedi costume for MNSSHP, Galactic Starcruiser, and a few days in HS.

I understand HS Launch Bay had closed during COVID, expected to reopen last month. Is it indeed open again for character meets? I’d like to get pictures in costume with the Star Wars characters in Launch Bay.

2 Likes

There have been recent meet photos with Darth Vader…I believe in @Jennifer_B_568600 trip report
ETA link: Let’s Keep a Little Optimism Here.” - A Family Trip Report
Around post 400

1 Like

Yes! My kids went. They met Darth Vader. I wasn’t with them, so I’ll ask them for the details later today. I do know that the meets didn’t last all day. They had to get there by a certain time.

3 Likes

Yay, thank you! Even though I’ll be dressed up during my Galactic Starcruiser’s day in Galaxy’s Edge, I’m guessing I don’t want to use time from that day to go to Launch Bay. (frustrating that it’s all the way on the other side of the park). I’ll plan on dressing up on one of my additional HS days, and go early in the day

3 Likes

Yes Vader Chewie and BB8. The waits were crazy when we went so we didn’t do them. Well BB8 was 15 mins but we weren’t interested. They were 9-5.

2 Likes

Yes, they close at 5:00. We were there just last week and didn’t realize they closed at 5:00 and arrived at 5:10…:disappointed:

2 Likes

Any recent reports on wait times for the Launch Bay meet and greets?

Editing. That’s all a lie

Corrections after checking time stamps on photos:
40 for Darth at 3:20, met at 4pm

Had drinks at HBD Lounge after because our walk up list table had been called

Returned after drinks
15 for Chewy at 4:40, met at 4:55
10 for BB8 right after Chewy, they closed the line about three parties after us.

1 Like

We waited about 10 minutes for BB8 last month, this was at 10 am.

2 Likes