Let’s Fix Disney World!

Iger announced a couple months ago now I believe it was the intention to invest $17 billion into the parks, generating 10,000 NEW jobs. I watched a video analyzing this amount, and it could be enough to build a 5th gate…but it also could be enough to do some of the blue sky kind of expansions that were hinted at at the D23 event, plus some.

Iger rightfully sees the Disney Parks as where they can make lots of money…but they need to increase capacity to do so…and the only way to do is to ADD to the parks, or add a park, or both.

4 Likes

This is true. Obviously they need to make changes to fix that, which I’m sure they are trying to do.

I cancelled my D+ subscription. Ironically, we have been watching more D+ than ever since I cancelled so as to get in those last few things we’ve wanted to watch before the cut-off date hits. (I’m slightly more than halfway through Avatar Way of Water…and so far I’m pleasantly surprised…it is actually better then the first one.)

4 Likes

Ahh… the road to hell… Let me get my paving machine!!

I hope they do! However, these guys seem to come out at D23 and places making claims that never come to light.

I’m hoping this Haunted Mansion closure coming up is FINALLY the Hatbox Ghost they keep promising!

2 Likes

The Iger announcement was months after D23…because D23 was still when Chapek was in charge. So I’m hopeful he is, in fact, putting things in motion to follow through. I don’t know if the blue sky things from D23 specifically are what he has in mind at this point, but it kind of makes logical sense it is.

1 Like

I expect so…since the upcoming Haunted Mansion movie features the hatbox ghost as a character.

2 Likes

Jokes aside:
I’m tired of seeing every thrill ride going the sci-fi robot Marvel Star Wars dinosaur route with those gray-toned action movie themes! Why can’t thrill rides be…. Cute? Can’t we have thrilling badass princess rides and evil Care Bears? They missed an opportunity with Elsa. Could have been and awesome rollercoaster with Let It Go as soundtrack instead of that boring Frozen Ever After.

Time to break those stereotypes and bring the excitement to all kinds of themes!

9 Likes

This is interesting. I have never once seen it as @ThorKat trying to start a debate, but just expressing her own opinions. Each person has a right to their own believes or IP likes, but I don’t think it’s fair to say that there is intent to start debates. If she was trolling Universal threads, then maybe I’d feel differently, but I don’t think that’s the case. Also, there might be a misunderstanding with her post - in the uncensored thread, we often use this emoji :blowfish: to indicate snark or sarcasm.

I appreciate this statement as well.

7 Likes

I always jokingly thought they should convert IASM to Chucky themed. :wink:

2 Likes

Not a single pink roller coaster at Cedar Point. None. Zero. Nada.

1 Like

You must not have been into my threads or the Universal pages lately… This is not the first time it’s happened.

I really don’t want to do this publicly. However, if someone - basically - says

“I think you are full of BS”

in a public forum then it need to be addressed publiclly.

I feel like that this should close the matter publicly as I don’t want this to become an argument. If you want to talk to me in a DM, please reach out.

Anytime you have to preference your comments with “there’s no nice way to say this…” then don’t do it in public - or maybe not at all.

2 Likes

True. But they do exist. Cedar Fair as Xcelerator at Knott’s Berry Farm:

4 Likes

Haven’t you met Fluffy?? :dog::dog::dog: (This is not @Jeff_AZ’s snarkpuppy :laughing:)

3 Likes

Yes!!! Great idea.

2 Likes

Maybe something Mulan-themed?

3 Likes

I could totally see that!

3 Likes

This just made me realize why I love Slinky so much! Slinky and 7DMT are moves in the right direction. We need more of that.

Oooh… Could have been in the Chinese Theater!

3 Likes

Apologies if this was already mentioned, but I assume there are existing/popular attractions at their various international parks that could be brought to Orlando? Maybe the quickest/most cost effective way to add newness to Orlando with design and engineering already completed. Just a thought

2 Likes

I think Tron proved that even with an existing ride, Disney are not going to build it quickly.

7 Likes

YES! :raised_hands:

1 Like

OMG. If I accepted the premise of this statement, I’d never get to ask anyone anything.

10 Likes