Leading Reservations for dining?

No it is not useful to do so. Disneyland opens their reservations more haphazardly anyway, so often they are not even available / loaded on the day you are eligible! The best thing to do is to check early and often until you get what you are looking for.

If you don’t get the reservations you are hoping for, there is a decent amount of reservations available for same-day booking either through the app if you are in close proximity or in person.

4 Likes

Plus DL is only one day at a time - not length of stay.

2 Likes

Yes there is no plus 10 there so it is literally not possible. And as Jeff said, don’t panic if they aren’t open at 60 days. Keep checking everyday or use a reservation finder because they don’t open a lot of them at 60 days. It’s much more west coast chill (or panic if you’re type A like most of us. Lol). They do hold some reservations for hotel guests so if you happen to be staying on property and for example The Plaza Inn character breakfast appears booked out online, call and ask about hotel spots.

3 Likes

Thanks for the responses…will have to learn to chill…ha!!

3 Likes

Good luck gaining the chill! I struggle unless I have a margarita in hand! LOL

1 Like

I saw a post up stream about someone successfully canceling their leading reservation online without any hassle. The post was dated Oct ‘22. Is this a thing again or are most still having to call to cancel?

ETA at WDW

If I recall, it’s easy through the app. It has a “Cancel Room” option.

1 Like

Thank you. I didn’t do the leading my last trip and was curious if they ever fixed the “IT issues” of the button not working.

2 Likes

I cancelled my leading res online in December

1 Like

It works fine online.

1 Like

I am planning on doing a leading reservation for our October trip to be able to get the adrs we want. I’m thinking I’m going to do this on a separate MDE account I’ve set up in my husbands name. The reason for using the separate account is that I also want to book a fireworks cruise and am afraid about having to call to book it and have them see that I’ve got two reservations going. Am I overthinking this? The cruise would be on day 60 + 4 of the trip so I think I’d be ok waiting until my “real” 60 day mark to book that? What would you all do? Use the leading reservation for the adrs using husbands MDE and then book the cruise when my real 60 days rolls around? Or say the heck with it and do it all on one account?

This. You’re overthinking it.

8 Likes

Agree. For all they know you have two rooms booked for a large party with varying travel dates.

4 Likes

Or the OP can just simply say that they haven’t made up their mind on dates yet but wanted to book this because it sells out quickly.

4 Likes

Every time I have to call Southwest I’m like “yeah, I change my mind a lot…”

7 Likes

Thank you all for the encouragement. I always seem to make things more difficult than they need to be!

1 Like

Overthinking is a fairly common Liner trait. :wink:

But, yeah, “my plans are still in flux” is a pretty all-purpose response. And most times if they comment, it’s just to make sure that you are aware, not really accusatory.

3 Likes

So today my window opened for my 9/1-9/10 resort reservation. Real resort stay is 9/6-9/11. I can book but it looks as though the majority of the restaurants are not yet loaded. Anyone else have this problem lately? if so when did they open up.

There have been multiple threads lately about the lack of dining in September. Here’s one (with another I linked in the comments)- DDR's

1 Like

Ok thanks, must have missed that. Wonder if it has anything with Destination D23.