Leading Reservations for dining?

I did a search but I’m reading conflicting stuff elsewhere-- is booking a tour still following the 60+10 rule? Or is it just every day at 60 days? Trying to get Starlight Safari AND WAT (different days).

I was able to book Starlight Safari 60+10.

1 Like

Excellent- thanks. My mistake for just googling and trying to read the parks panel experts lol.

no worries! First-hand information is always the best when Disney is concerned.

1 Like

Another thread I bookmarked to follow.

Thank you

I have a leading reservation starting November 20th. I thought I could book reservations for November 30th today, but the dining reservation calendar is only going out to November 27th for me. Is this just a glitch in Disney’s system or is there something I’m missing?

Just read upthread some and see that others have had a similar problem. The dates just aren’t loaded yet. I’ll keep checking. And I got up early for this…ooof.

2 Likes

I totally understand waking up early for your first ADR’s even when it is 60+10. But, you really don’t have to. After your morning coffee is fine. There aren’t that many people booking at 60+10. I woke up early to get our arrival day breakfast at Topolino’s. Then that afternoon I decided to change the time and the number of people (I had rounded up to 4). All times were still available. That might not be the hardest ADR to get, but it is up there.

4 Likes

This is good to know as we will be on vacation on my 60+10 and I’d like to sleep a little.

1 Like

The ADR window for the second half of my split stay opened today, so all days of my trip are bookable for ADRs using my real reservations. That means I can cancel my leading reservation without losing my ADRs right? Or do I have to wait until 60 days from my last day with an ADR?

In theory, you should be able to cancel the leading, but the recommendation is to wait. If Disney IT ever makes any changes behind the scenes on how it works, we may not know until someone loses ADRs unexpectedly. Unless you have a pressing need, I’d just hold off.

5 Likes

I’m currently making my ADRs each day using a leading. It’s not time for me to reserve BOG yet but I keep noticing that the latest dinner reservation is 3:40 or 3:55pm. And that’s at Day 10. Why would that be?

It seems like they never loaded or advertised the party ADRs? There should be ADRs available every night until 5:55 but maybe they are suppose to load some with the party ones?

It looks like dessert parties are not listed too?

3 Likes

Thanks for your response! By party ADRs, do you mean we’d need to purchase a ticket for the Christmas party in order to book something in the 4pm to 5:55pm range? We’re not going to the party that day but have a park ticket and reservation that should allow us to stay until 6pm.

I think (although I might be wrong) that non party nights and party night ADRs need to be loaded separately. On Halloween Party nights only BOG and CRT were available. You need to book those restaurants through a party link.

I do not see that they have announce the Christmas Party dessert parties (that are scheduled later than Enchantment dessert parties).

2 Likes

So the leading reservation worked and I got everything I wanted including Space 220 lounge, Hoop Dee Doo, MK fireworks dessert party and Topolinos dinner. Now just waiting anxiously until it’s safe to cancel

6 Likes

How would you book through a link for a party night? We are going to MVMCP and the latest I could get a ADR at MK was 3:55. We are ok with that but I would have liked it closer to 5pm

I don’t think they have announce any special dining as of today. It would either be under special events or dining.

I was using a leading reservation. My observations about dining availability and times match what @PrincipalTinker says that time slots during the party aren’t yet announced. And since park close is 6pm it looks like a lot of restaurants aren’t taking ADRs very close to park close.

However, I was able to book Skippers at 6:30 on a party night through the regular search feature and filtering to restaurants in MK picking a later time. (We are attending that party and like you I wanted to aim for the gap between park close at 6 and party start at 7.) I did notice that everywhere else I checked (CRT and Tony’s) had early ADR times like those you found (and CRT didn’t fill in time slots at all until day 60 or later). BOG had a few later times in the 5:00 region but I wasn’t aiming for that, and so I didn’t check back to see how fast those were booked. Hope you find what you are hoping for!

Same! I got Topolino’s breakfast and dinner, Chef Mickey’s, Ohana, Beaches and Cream, Space 220 & the dessert party!
I’m anxiously waiting to drop as well~

3 Likes