Leading Reservations for dining?

I have an alert set through mousewatch and got one for a 530 at BOG on a MVMC party night so there must be some out there

3 Likes

Thanks for that update! They werenā€™t showing up at first and then I think dropped a bit later. Have fun at the party! :christmas_tree:

Did you see anything during party hours? I still have not found any announcements. I am not booking during the party, just curious.

Hi! I wasnā€™t looking for anything after 6, I just wanted something in the 5 oā€™clock range on a party night weā€™re not attending. I finally had a 5:30 drop for BOG. Everything had been in the 3 oā€™clock range prior to that.

1 Like

Thanks! Did you get multiple alerts and what date range? It is what my family wants on the 11th

I am such an old timerā€¦I didnā€™t set an alert at all. I just kept checking 50 times a day until I saw it. :joy: It was the only one I couldnā€™t get so I just kept at it. It was for 12/13.

1 Like

Ok, thanks. I will expect all the reservations are gone from leading reservations. Thanks for your help. I will set an alert.

1 Like

I just checked and I see a 5:45 for BOG on 12/11! It doesnā€™t show up unless you specifically search for 6pm.

Thanks! Two more days until I can book.

Oh, Iā€™m sorry! I misunderstood.

MVMCP dining is now listed in MDE, just CRT and BOG open it looks like:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/magic-kingdom/mickeys-very-merry-christmas-party-table-service/

Note that there is a pop up message that the site is undergoing maintenance and reservations arenā€™t availableā€¦ great timing.

MVMCP dessert parties are also listed now with reservations opening Oct. 18.

2 Likes

Is the strategy to search for a specific time vs a meal?

Yes, also if you search for 5pm sometimes nothing will show up but if you search 6pm, a 5pm ADR time(s) might pop up. The system is broken.

4 Likes

shocking! :rofl:

1 Like

Dropped the leading reservation two days ago, at the 60 day mark for my last reservation. Everything is sticking so far. Thanks to everyone on this thread for the information and guidance.

9 Likes

FYI, I booked a leading reservation, snagged all my ADRs (outside of CRT, which appears to be closed on 12/30), and just cancelled the leading reservation online through the website; didnā€™t have to call or anything. All my reservations are still valid, as Iā€™m well within my actual onsite stayā€™s window.

Thanks for all the info here, everyone.

8 Likes

My family of 4 are heading to Disney March 24-April 1. We arrive late March 24 so will not start our reservations for dining until March 25.

We are travelling with our friends who are a family of 5, so we have 9 people in total.

Currently we both have our own resort/ticket package and we are linked so I can do the planning for all of us (ie I made the park reservations for all 9 people).

If I want to make a leading reservation, can I book all 9 of us for the dining? Or should the other family also make a leading reservation?

I will make our leading reservation for March 15-April 1 and then cancel February 1ā€¦is this correct?

Thanks for your help!

Theoretically yes, you can make a reservation for any number of people with a single MDE account, although there are certain limits depending on the restaurant (usually I think 12+ they make you call directly). In practice, some restaurants struggle with more than 8 ā€“ either you will have to split it into two ADRs, or when you check in ask for accommodation for an additional party member (I wouldnā€™t rely on this, but it often works).

2 Likes

This article gives you a list of all the restaurants and how many people you can reserve up to. There are some restaurants that max out at 8 people, like Yak n Yeti.

And yes, your dates are correct.

5 Likes

Iā€™m definitely not top tier is the latest Disney dining info, but Iā€™m wondering if these are theoretical max party sizes, as opposed to practical one? Like, you might get them if you call in, but these wouldnā€™t really be available to book online? And may or may not be available if you call?

Here is some quick-and-dirty online booking research I did last year:

I just didnā€™t see many of those sorts of large max party sizes at all, but maybe things have changed dramatically since then? :thinking:. Or, maybe they are available by phone?

I think if it were me, Iā€™d try to book online at 60+10, splitting the group if needed so I at least have something booked, then call and see if they can accommodate us better?

FWIW, hereā€™s how I did it:

Our travel party was 7, with extra relatives joining us to make it 10 for a couple of meals.

I made one leading room reservation and included myself, DH, and DM on the leading. (I have login capability for all 3.)

When needed, I would split our reservation into 2 parties booked online under myself and DH. Booking at 60+10, that got me everything I wanted.

The one wrinkle was that the relatives later shifted what they were joining us for, so trying to pick up more seats I used DMā€™s account to pick up an extra reservation for as many as I could at the closest available time. I set up alerts and then kept scooting things around until I got enough seats at roughly the same time.

At the time of our trip, I think we ended up having around 3 different meals where the reservations were split across 2 ADRs. We checked in in-person well ahead of time, told them we were willing to wait if needed, and for all of them they were able to seat us together pretty close to the reservation time.

5 Likes