Leading Reservations for dining?

Days 11 onward will open one at a time

3 Likes

Unless you have a second leading reservation where all remaining days are within a new 60+10, right? Sorry, Iā€™m in loophole mode for some reason lately.

1 Like

Oh right. Yeah I think that might work.

Head spinning

1 Like

I was playing around with this today. Our current dates are 6/14-6/21, with a split stay and the first half at AoA second half at CBR. I figured Iā€™d use a leading reservation and book the cheapest room on property for that - ASM standard with the 30% discount they have going on right now. So I searched for the ASM standard room 6/10-6/20, and it was available for booking. Then I started thinking maybe my daughter would like to stay there for the first half of our trip instead of AoA, so I did a search for 6/14-6/18 and itā€™s not available? I realize that the number of rooms in each category is limited for a special offer. But why would a room be available 6/10-6/20 but not 6/14-6/18?? This made me nervous about doing the ASM leading reservation with the hopes that instead of canceling it I would just modify the dates once we got inside that window. That is, if we decide(d) to stay at ASM vs. AoA.

I would definitely make sure your true dates are always on the reservation. If adding dates to the reservation isnā€™t enough, then book a separate reservation. Is that the consensus?

1 Like

Ok, here is a ā€œspell it out to me like Iā€™m 5ā€ question.

So with no on-site reservation, as of today, the furthest out you can book is 5/17.

Letā€™s say I booked a reservation right now for 5/16-5/30. What would be the furthest out day I could book immediately? And then an additional day would open up to me every day until 5/30 opened?

(I guess Iā€™m unclear itā€™s an additional 10 days, or if itā€™s the 10th day of your trip, so itā€™s an additional 9 days?)

You could book 16th-26th. The rest would open one by one

1 Like

And the number of guests on the hotel reservation can be less than the number of guests on the ADR?

Since weā€™re a party of 7, I will be splitting the ADRs into 2 groups. So I can book a solo room under my name and a solo room under DHā€™s name and then we can each hold an ADR that will cover the 7 of us?

What time do ADRs open in the morning?

Thatā€™s brilliant! I never even thought of that for our party of 8. Off to book a room in my husbandā€™s nameā€¦

6am Florida time is when ADRs become available online, 7am is when you can call in.

5 Likes

Thinking about this more, I think as long as both are on the room reservation you can each make ADRs. So now just off to add his name to my existing reservation. Unless someone tells me Iā€™m wrongā€¦

ETA - I would have to use both his and my MDE for booking ADRs though, right?

1 Like

Oh, I hope thatā€™s true! Off to hack DHā€™s MDEā€¦

Ha! My husband doesnā€™t even know he has an MDE!

4 Likes

Ok, I was curious so I just booked a Pop room for 5/16 to 5/30.

I can get ADRā€™s up through 5/27. So thatā€™s actually Day 12 if Day 1 is check-in. But all in all, itā€™s 70 days from today, so that must be what they go by. ???

Almost everything is available at all times, even for 7 people. If you want any specifics, let me know and Iā€™ll post a screenshot before I cancel to get my $174 back. :grin:

8 Likes

Love the dedication to the pursuit of knowledge in this group!

6 Likes

I hope this is helpful for some people! The lack of availability is frustrating (but understandable)

2 Likes

I am not using any leading reservation trick, but today I was able to easily get an ADR for Oliviaā€™s for six people on Monday, May 17. This is actually our back up in case I canā€™t secure one for Thursday, May 20, which is our preferred date. I will cancel the ADR for the 17th once I get it for the 20th.

4 Likes

So what is the latest check-in date you can use and still have 5/27 available?

ETA: Iā€™m thinking itā€™s 5/17 or 5/18?

1 Like

I think youā€™re right, but I will modify in a minute to confirm.

Hereā€™s some Beaches & Cream data. On every day from 5/23 to 5/27 (days 66-70), thereā€™s full availability for a party of 7. This includes times of 11:00, 12:25, 1:50, 3:15, 4:40, 6:05, 7:30, and 8:55. Then it goes off a cliff and only a single 12:25 is available on 5/22 (day 65).

2 Likes

:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

Because DH needs a Kitchen Sink on his birthday!

2 Likes

Oh, Ogaā€™s would be interesting too

1 Like