Leading Reservations for dining?

@amvanhoose_701479
Here is the answer to you question! I just had the same one!

1 Like

@vcka Come over here too!

2 Likes

Follow-up questions:

1. If you have a split reservation (i.e., 3 days offsite mid trip), can you just book a ā€œbridgeā€ reservation so that you are covered for your entire trip? Or does your leading reservation have to cover all days of your trip?

2. Do all members of your party need to be on the leading reservation, or just the person making the reservation?

I donā€™t know the answer to #1, bc I donā€™t do off-site. Hopefully someone here can chime in!

#2, no all the party members donā€™t have to be on the leading reservation bc they donā€™t hold the reservation, you do. They are just your guests. I donā€™t ever put the rest of the fam on the leading reservation, and itā€™s never been an issue.

2 Likes

For #1, Iā€™m assuming it will work the same was as any other split stay and treat it as a single trip. I guess Iā€™ll try and see! Iā€™m only 7 days away from my ADR dayā€¦

2 Likes

Yeah so if I am going 5/13-18 and have my reservation for that already, and would love to book my 5/18 ADRs on 60 days before 5/8 vs. on 60 days before 5/13, I could really just book a leading ā€œsplit stayā€ for 5/8-5/13, right? I wouldnā€™t need to book a second reservation for the whole 5/8-5/18.

ETA these arenā€™t my dates, just a hypothetical. I realize itā€™s already inside 60 days for these dates.

For a split stay the 60 day window begins on the first day of each stay. So if you are staying at 2 different on-site hotels you will have 2 different booking windows. To get around this, you can make a 3rd booking covering all the dates so you only have one booking window. And, of course, you can start that third booking a couple of days early to get a jump on things. You only need 1 person on the reservation to make ADRs.

5 Likes

No, you have to make the reservation to cover all the dates. Your ADR 60 day window starts at the beginning of each stay and you can only book for that stay.

1 Like

I see this as similar to the other thread about paying to have someone else book your RoTR BG. If it helps you get what you want for your money and you are willing to take the time and effort required (or pay the fee on the other situation) then go for it. Disney makes planning hard enough. Simplify where you can or want.

1 Like

This is not true for a split stay if both reservations are on property though. You will be able to book dining for your whole stay at 60 days before the first day of your first stay.

Hmm anyone want to break the tie here? @Nickysyme, Knower of all Answers? If you have two consecutive on-site stays, does your ADR booking window cover both stays, or is it treated as two windows?

2 Likes

nm, I guess I was thinking of how it used to work with FPs and a split stay. So you would have to do overlapping reservations with a ā€œlead upā€ to your actual stay in order to book 60+10 (or whatever youā€™re wanting to do).

Either way Iā€™m covered. I just extended my leading / bridge reservation to cover my entire stay, and it only cost me $10 more upfront, in addition to the $150 I already paid, to reserve (all refundable of course).

1 Like

That was true for FPs, not ADRs. Iā€™ve only done split stays and had 2 ADR windows each time.

2 Likes

Iā€™m a frequent split stay visitor and I always have multiple first reservation dates. If you have multiple bookings at the same hotel where they can link it together you might be able to book it all at once. If you switch hotels you will only be able to book for through the checkout day of the first stay when your window opens up.

1 Like

I am not Nicky but I know it to be two separate trips with two separate windows.

2 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

I am really a newb at any of this. If I have a hotel-only reservation, can I adjust the dates online without getting a CM involved? Trying to figure out if I just walk the reservation back or make overlapping ones.

You can adjust online.

1 Like

If you have a 14-day trip, do Days 11, 12, etc. open up 1-day at a time after your 60-day ADR day or do you have to wait until Day 11 is 60 days out?

1 Like