Unfortunately there was no availability. I tried even stretching it out just one extra day, no dice.
Could you get a whole new one?
No, I looked for everything from Deluxe, DVC, all the way down to campsites for a party of 1. Couldn’t find any availability
Which makes me really nervous for when my actual 60 day window opens. Hopefully I’ll get lucky.
I just entered my 60 day window for my regular reservation which is also a split stay.
Should, I wait to the first day of my second resort stay to cancel my leading reservation?
Also, I can post when I cancel my leading reservation. Maybe that would help someone out. It’s the Cars Family Suite at AofA.
Based off my experience, you should wait until you’re within the window of your second reservation.
Thanks, most appreciated!
I want/need Boathouse for my first day too. With no leading reservation, I’m hoping to get lucky! ( Or pay for some alerts )
Boathouse is available on Open Table and is generally available more than 60 days out. Have you looked at your dates?
I’ve never considered this before!
Oh my goodness, booking now! I was so into the 60-day window that I didn’t think about it being in Disney Springs, etc. Thanks
I’m 60+9 out.
Wait time to call in was at 2 hours, just a little bit ago. 45 minutes into my wait, I realized I can, after all, book online. BOG dinner completely gone except for 5:55, which I picked up. Cancelling a 3:30 I had picked up right before that. Still looking for an 8pm. It’s a party night.
I also looked generally, and it said that none of the sit downs have availability past 5:55. Glitch? I keep searching again but so far no dice.
I haven’t been able to find anything past 3:55! @PrincipalTinker said they hold back availability on party nights and release later!
Did you try clicking both the broad “dinner” options as the specific times?
It showed no availability, then the 3:55 so I booked that first. I found a 5:55 by clicking noon and up.
Found the 5:55, thanks! Here’s hoping I’ll have the same luck for 12/4 when it opens!
So update on my end… I decided to do a quick look for rooms 2 days before my 60 day window and viola! I was able to find a room that fit my criteria for a leading reservation.
I was able to book everything I wanted, just had to adjust some of my days.
I got Boathouse for our arrival date, Whispering Canyon pre after hours party at MK, Via Napoli, T-Rex for our Thanksgiving lunch (just like the settlers who came to America and discovered dinosaurs) (I made this solely for the benefit of my 9 year old, so please don’t judge ), and a Homecomin’ dinner the night before we go home!
I’ve got a reservation finder set up for Space 220, but I’m not holding my breath.
And it was a good thing I did get a leading reservation, because by the time my 60 day window opened there were slim pickin’s. I’m so grateful for this thread!
So with a split stay, I should keep my leading reservation until I’m in the window of my last real resort reservation correct?
Supposedly you don’t need to, but since there is no harm in keeping it until then, I would.
Hi! I have a leading reservation for 12/4-12/10 because my park days were 12/9 and 12/10. I am now wanting to book the CG dessert party on 12/11 but I can’t for the life of me find another night to add to that reservation. I also have a real reservation on 12/12. Will 12/11 open early at all or no?
You will need to extend your leading reservation to get that day in the window. Keep trying - it should open eventually.