Leading Reservations for dining?

Unfortunately there was no availability. I tried even stretching it out just one extra day, no dice.

Could you get a whole new one?

1 Like

No, I looked for everything from Deluxe, DVC, all the way down to campsites for a party of 1. Couldnā€™t find any availability :man_shrugging:t2:

Which makes me really nervous for when my actual 60 day window opens. Hopefully Iā€™ll get lucky.

1 Like

I just entered my 60 day window for my regular reservation which is also a split stay.

Should, I wait to the first day of my second resort stay to cancel my leading reservation?

Also, I can post when I cancel my leading reservation. Maybe that would help someone out. Itā€™s the Cars Family Suite at AofA.

3 Likes

Based off my experience, you should wait until youā€™re within the window of your second reservation.

Thanks, most appreciated!

1 Like

I want/need Boathouse for my first day too. With no leading reservation, Iā€™m hoping to get lucky! ( Or pay for some alerts :crossed_fingers:)

Boathouse is available on Open Table and is generally available more than 60 days out. Have you looked at your dates?

4 Likes

Iā€™ve never considered this before!

Youā€™re brilliant! :blush:

4 Likes

Oh my goodness, booking now! I was so into the 60-day window that I didnā€™t think about it being in Disney Springs, etc. Thanks :blush:

1 Like

Iā€™m 60+9 out.

Wait time to call in was at 2 hours, just a little bit ago. 45 minutes into my wait, I realized I can, after all, book online. BOG dinner completely gone except for 5:55, which I picked up. Cancelling a 3:30 I had picked up right before that. Still looking for an 8pm. Itā€™s a party night.

I also looked generally, and it said that none of the sit downs have availability past 5:55. Glitch? I keep searching again but so far no dice.

2 Likes

I havenā€™t been able to find anything past 3:55! @PrincipalTinker said they hold back availability on party nights and release later!

3 Likes

Did you try clicking both the broad ā€œdinnerā€ options as the specific times?

It showed no availability, then the 3:55 so I booked that first. I found a 5:55 by clicking noon and up.

Good Luck!

1 Like

Found the 5:55, thanks! Hereā€™s hoping Iā€™ll have the same luck for 12/4 when it opens!

1 Like

So update on my endā€¦ I decided to do a quick look for rooms 2 days before my 60 day window and viola! I was able to find a room that fit my criteria for a leading reservation.

I was able to book everything I wanted, just had to adjust some of my days.

I got Boathouse for our arrival date, Whispering Canyon pre after hours party at MK, Via Napoli, T-Rex for our Thanksgiving lunch (just like the settlers who came to America and discovered dinosaurs) (I made this solely for the benefit of my 9 year old, so please donā€™t judge :grimacing:), and a Homecominā€™ dinner the night before we go home!

Iā€™ve got a reservation finder set up for Space 220, but Iā€™m not holding my breath.

And it was a good thing I did get a leading reservation, because by the time my 60 day window opened there were slim pickinā€™s. Iā€™m so grateful for this thread! :hugs:

6 Likes

So with a split stay, I should keep my leading reservation until Iā€™m in the window of my last real resort reservation correct?

Supposedly you donā€™t need to, but since there is no harm in keeping it until then, I would.

2 Likes

Hi! I have a leading reservation for 12/4-12/10 because my park days were 12/9 and 12/10. I am now wanting to book the CG dessert party on 12/11 but I canā€™t for the life of me find another night to add to that reservation. I also have a real reservation on 12/12. Will 12/11 open early at all or no?

1 Like

You will need to extend your leading reservation to get that day in the window. Keep trying - it should open eventually.

1 Like

Argh, thanks! Does the umbrella policy work still? Is that a thing? DHā€™s cousin is coming with us and his reservation goes through Saturday!

1 Like