Leading Reservations for dining?

All Star Movies is open. Some people book campsites at Fort Wilderness as they are the cheapest deposit since you’ll be letting Disney hold your money for this privilege.

1 Like

I don’t think there’d be a sale that far out yet but some people have said availability at certain resorts won’t show up if you have it selected to check the sales rate but if you switch to the full rate rooms will show up. I doubt that’s the case for you though since Disney does not release sales a year in advance.

1 Like

Yeah looks like my stay length is the issue. If I just book for a week, there’s rooms.
But for 24 nights. ASM is not available.

I did ASM for 22 nights.

1 Like

well it’s probably the time of the year (which raises ye olde stress levels)
anyway, there’s still Pop Century or FW

1 Like

Yup, it’s just a question of the deposit amount but I’m sure something is open that long in the same room type.

1 Like

I think I’m confused.
Ten days prior to the real trip?
We are going 10/30 - 11/6. Park days are 10/31-11/5. I booked ASM 10/26-11/6. We are actually staying off site but I’m willing to take the hit on a few nights at ASM if I can get what I want.

1. Should I have one reservation for 10/31-11/6 and another for 10/21 ( ten days before 10/31) - 11/5?
  2. Will i need to keep/pay for my onsite hotel rooms to keep any ADR’s I’ve made with the earlier window? I’m also looking to get Halloween party tixx which I understand will be available first to resort guests.
    Thank you for you help!
  1. You should have one leading reservation for 10/20/2021-11/6/2021. Then 70 days before 10/30 you can start booking dining one day at a time for each day of your trip 70 days out.
  2. When you get to 60 days out of 11/6 cancel your 10/20/2021-11/6/2021 leading reservation and all your dining reservations will stick and you’ll get your deposit back. You lose no money in the long run other than the interest you could have earned if you had invested that deposit money instead.

*I am not sure how this works for party tix though but can confirm dining reservations work and stick even after cancelling leading reservation.

Edit: if you aren’t planning on doing ADR on 10/30 you can change your single leading reservation on Disney property to 10/21/21-11/6/2021

Thanks so much @gingerSnaps543222.

*If I make the leading reservation at ASM in a room for four people, can I still make dining reservations for 5 people as long as the 5th is connected with me in MDE?

*Any insight on whether I would lose those ADRs if I later cancelled all my onsite reservations?

Only the leading person making the reservation needs to be in the room. You will not lose them; just make sure to not cancel the leading till you are 60 days out from your last ADR since you are staying offsite. The dining reservations are not attached to your hotel reservation (Fastpasses are if they come back).

Wondering if the leading reservation should be some place - like a moderate resort - that my family might actually want to stay.

Just worried that by the end of the summer when I realize that the DVC rental plan isn’t working that trying to find a moderate for April 30-May 14 2022 could be a lost cause…

Could I book a moderate now as leading and then keep the room but move the start date back 10 days?

1 Like

Yes

So there’ll be no problems linking other actual hotel reservations in my name in MDE?

You mean can you have two WDW reservations for the same time period? Yes, you can. I did it.

2 Likes

Whew, good to hear.

Yes that’s what I meant.
With the leading reservation in my MDE, I suddenly got worried it would cause an issue linking another hotel reservation if the dates overlapped.

1 Like

Reservations have to be made one day at the time, not for length of stay? (Just realizing the week of August 21st we will be on our first vacation in what feels like forever and now i have to wake up at 6am every day…ugh…but i guess worth it).

Length of stay or 60+10 whichever is shorter; after that (so if you’re staying 11 nights or longer) you have to do those one at a time.

(recognizing that split stays have to each be done on their own6 60+stay timeline)

You can make reservations for the first 10 days of your stay, but keep in mind that so can everyone else, including those checking in several days ahead of you.

So reservations for the first day of your stay have already been open to others for 10 days and may be full for desirable locations/times.

By booking a leading reservation that starts 10 days prior to your stay, you can get access to reservations for your first day as soon as anyone can. Then you book one day at a time as each day becomes available to anyone.

1 Like

Also if you use @amvanhoose_701479’s method (leading reservation at 60+10 days before your *first * day of your trip and covering all days of your trip), then you don’t have to wake up at 6am because ADRs will still be widely available for 3-4 days.

3 Likes

I mean you can wait and do all of em at once but I don’t recommend it. It’s easier to just wake up naturally and do it each day one day at a time. If you do that you do not have to get up at 6am because there will be lots of availability