Leading Reservations for dining?

My group is 8. I did all the leading reservations using my aunt’s account. For the times we needed 2 reservations to accommodate our whole party, I switched the lead person to myself on the first reservation (from her MDE), then it allowed me to make another at the same time under her name. If I did it using her name first I got that conflict warning saying I had to cancel the first reservation. I hope that helps!

ETA - She is the only person on the leading reservation. The system only cares that the person making the reservation has a valid resort stay.

1 Like

Oh good idea! I have a second MDE, I’m going to use that account to make the leading reservation, that way I can use both accounts to make the smaller 2 group reservations.

1 Like

Thanks to this thread I was able to make a leading reservation and get my parents park reservations and dining. They have old paper tickets that disney can’t turn into a ticket unless they do it in person. So this was the only way to reserve parks for them. They are going 6/25-7/2 and I would have been stressing trying to get them into a park if we waited. So thank you!!

My issue now is when I went to cancel the hotel package the cancel button is gone. It says call to cancel. Anyone ever have this problem?

2 Likes

Yes, this happens to me sometimes. I just wait a day or two and the cancel button returns. Sometimes it happens with dining ADRs as well. The button will return, eventually.

2 Likes

Thanks!! I’ll keep an eye on it.

1 Like

I just wanted to check - can you only book Droid Depot at 60 days out, not 60+10? I tried this morning. No issues with my dining so far.

I’m curious about this too. I planned on booking droid depot as soon as I can because I heard reservations for it fill up super fast. It’s one of the reasons I started looking into leading reservations :flushed:

1 Like

Not sure but Cabanas for the pool are the 60+10 so if it’s all the same bucket? I’d definitely ask WDW but that means long times on hold.

If it is only 60 days out, it seems like there would still be plenty of availability, at least based on 60 days from today.

Is that one of the things they say opens way before 6am?

Pre-pandemic, you could only book Droid Depot at 180 days, not 180+. I would imagine it would be the same, but at 60 days.

Edited to add: I’m seeing plenty of availability 60 days out from today.

I was able to book at 60+ when I booked Droid Depot.

1 Like

Ok. Then that is a change from pre-pandemic. Nevertheless, there are still plenty of times available on the website at 60 days out from today.

Yes, I am not worried. Just odd that I cannot book it at 60+

@descrabb09 - sounds like no reason to worry, at least for now. And welcome to the forum!

Thank you!! Just found this forum last week and I feel like I’ve found the holy grail of info and experienced planners here! :heart_eyes:

So glad Droid Depot has good availability. I’d asked in a FB group how fast reservations go for it and they said it was fast like the hard to get dining and I was freaked out. Our kids are earning money specifically for droids and if I can’t get a reservation, they’ll have a lot less motivation to put their laundry away and clean up after meals :sweat_smile::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

Logged in for the first time to say thanks! Just cancelled my leading reservation-the process worked! Got my dining reservations all set up with no trouble. I agree that waking up every morning at 5:45 am and selecting the dining for each day is low stress as opposed to doing it all at once.

4 Likes

OK I’m a little slow at times… so what exactly is the hustle here?
I’m looking at 14-days starting in April 30, 2022. And it’s a split stay.

I gather that the idea is to secure ADRs ASAP and with a single 60+ day window rather than a different one for each time I shuffle my family to a new hotel

So I book an All Stars room-only from April 20 until the end of my actual stay.
And I book that before… well before my new 60 day window which would be February 19
(or earlier if I don’t mind Disney holding my single night deposit for a while)

I then cancel that April 20 reservation once my ADRs are in place… I guess once my actual hotel bookings are made and I’m inside the actual 60 day window?

And this little scheme gets me an ADR window 10 days earlier than other guests?

I did not have a split stay but it would be similar if you want to get ahead for your entire trip to do what I did. I booked ASMovies for 10days prior to my real trip through my real last day. Then when I hit the 60+10 of the leading reservation, one day at a time I could make all my dining reservations 70 days out. You have to do it every day but I had zero issues getting every single reservation I wanted at exactly the time I wanted and I didn’t wake up early. I just did it when I woke up naturally. Once I had everything I wanted I cancelled the leading reservation but I believe you should wait until you have your “real” 60 days.

2 Likes

Are the ASResorts open currently?
I’m seeing nothing available.

1 Like