Leading Reservations for dining?

Or the OP can just simply say that they haven’t made up their mind on dates yet but wanted to book this because it sells out quickly.

4 Likes

Every time I have to call Southwest I’m like “yeah, I change my mind a lot…”

7 Likes

Thank you all for the encouragement. I always seem to make things more difficult than they need to be!

1 Like

Overthinking is a fairly common Liner trait. :wink:

But, yeah, “my plans are still in flux” is a pretty all-purpose response. And most times if they comment, it’s just to make sure that you are aware, not really accusatory.

3 Likes

So today my window opened for my 9/1-9/10 resort reservation. Real resort stay is 9/6-9/11. I can book but it looks as though the majority of the restaurants are not yet loaded. Anyone else have this problem lately? if so when did they open up.

There have been multiple threads lately about the lack of dining in September. Here’s one (with another I linked in the comments)- DDR's

1 Like

Ok thanks, must have missed that. Wonder if it has anything with Destination D23.

Or whoever loads ADRs taking a long vacation around the July 4th holiday? :rofl:

6 Likes

That’s my guess! It happened to me over the thanksgiving holiday lol

1 Like

Friends can someone do the math for my friend real quick?
She is checking in oct 2- out oct 7 what date should she book for her leading? On my phone and the excel calculator isn’t working

If her first ADR is on 10/2 and the last ADR is on 10/7, the booking should be 9/22-10/7. 7/24 would be the first ADR booking.

Thanks.

1 Like

does a leading restervation (60+10) work for enchanting extras like BBB as well?

1 Like

Yes. I just booked BBB last week with a leading reservation.

2 Likes

If my actual ADR day is tomorrow, would I be safe to cancel my leading reservation today or later tonight? When would those ADRs get swept? We are only at the resort two day before a Disney Cruise and I just wanted one ADR for the night before the cruise.

1 Like

My ADRs never got swept - and I had a leading reservation until 30-ish days before my trip.

3 Likes

What does “get swept” mean?

But you were within the 60 day booking period.

1 Like

It means they weren’t cancelled by Disney.

1 Like

I have never heard of someone’s ADRs being cancelled after they made them regardless of when the leading reservation was cancelled. Once you make an ADR, it’s there for good.

That said, I usually wait until my 60-day mark has passed because … why not? Better safe than sorry.

9 Likes