Leading reservations and ADR priorities

Is it the first day if your trip?

I am looking at the mouse dining calendars but I don’t think they are right since @MTrib got Space when the calendar said there were not any reservations.

I found it weird that Mousedining showed no reservations for Space, too. They were definitely there. I easily picked up 6:30 pm and there were several other times around there that persisted until after I had logged off.

2 Likes

Thanks for confirming what I was seeing!

1 Like

One was first, one last, each booked at 60+10. I don’t think mouse dining can see past 60, if that’s what you’re referring to.

1 Like

I am so jealous. I could only get a 4 day lead that then overlaps my first 6 out of 7 days. So I am making every day of the trip all at once. The good news is New Years Eve will open on my ADR day, so I should be able to get what I want, but everything else will be a game of chance!

1 Like

I wonder how many leading reservations account for the sold out status of so many resorts right now

2 Likes

I know. I never ever thought I would do it. It just seemed excessive before but the struggle seems very real. I just made mine a few weeks ago and even though it is going to be interesting to do them all at once, I am not sure I would have been comfortable booking for longer!

2 Likes

While we are having the conversation, I would love to get input on my reservation order of priority. This assumes CP dining packages and HDDR (can you feel the optimism?)

I would love to get input into my “order of priority” booking plan.

Booking Day Reservation Priority Name Time
Day 10 1 Citricos NYE 7:30
Day 9 2 Ogas after park close
Day 7 3 CP Package 1st seating Coral Reef or Via Napoli
Day 8 4 HDDR 5:30 PM
Day 9 5 Savis 6:00 or 7:00
Day 9 6 Sanaa 12:00 AM
Day 5 7 Boma 7:30 PM
Day 7 8 Boma 8:45 AM

Resurrecting this thread and hoping someone can advise.

1. Will leading reservations work for magical extras such as tours the same way as ADRs. Never booked a tour before and not sure they are bookable passed 60?

2. Does my leading reservation have to be a package or will room only work?

Thanks all!

1. It only needs to be a room.

I can’t speak to #1.

2 Likes

I was able to book WAT that way.

1 Like

Awesome! Thanks

1 Like

Thanks…because my trip is so short I dont think I have a chance in getting WAT unless I do a leading reservation

Massive props for this sheet. Used it to realize that today was D-10 for my 12/28 DHS day, so booked a leading res from 12/18-end of trip at 5:40AM, and was able to score Oga’s about a half hour later, with a good selection of times.

Getting availability to show up was a bit tricky, though. Had to go to the below page, and hit Check Avail for 12/18 (latest date in the list), then search again on the 2nd screen for 12/28. On the 2nd screen you can search for a broad range of times (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner), and it responded with a choice of 3 times, and i booked. When I try to modify however, it says no times available.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/hollywood-studios/ogas-cantina

1 Like

Thanks to all the great info in this thread, I easily booked a leading reservation and got nearly all of our dining booked exactly when we wanted (Oga’s, Skipper’s Canteen, Space 220 Lounge).

However, I woke up at 6:00am this morning to book our final ADR for CRT on 12/30, but they don’t have any availability. Like all day long, doesn’t matter what time I request. I’m guessing the castle is going down for something New Years related? Does anyone know if that’s a normal yearly thing, or if I should just keep trying?

Try requesting a meal time, eg Lunch, rather than a specific time. That worked better for me.

Edit: I can see times on 12/29. So maybe 12/30 is blocked for some reason.

Yeah, I tried specific times, the generic Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner, and no dice. No problems the 29th and earlier, so it definitely seems like they’re just blocking out that day…

Ok this happened to me!!!

It opened exactly 60 days out!

Good to know, I’ll definitely keep checking just in case. Thanks!

1 Like

You might want to give them a call. They can look to see what else was booked for that day/meal.
For example, when I was trying to book the German place I couldn’t. So I called and they said that there were only a few bookings and nothing available. So, they had added ‘the inventory’ but then pulled it. During my trip was when they offered the add-on to the meal to get priority seating for the Broadway songs show. Maybe something similar is happening for you?

1 Like