Leading reservations and ADR priorities

Homecomin on Day 1 will be tough without question
And I think Steakhouse 71 will gain a quick following.

2 Likes

Topolinos breakfast on Arrival Day is really the only reason I have a Leading Reservation. I can change the dates on the rest and they should be easier to get. But, I figure my chances at 59 days were minimal.

1 Like

Fingers crossed for lots of hiring and a big capacity increase before the holidays. My next trip is 12/17-12/23 and i am not doing leading reservations. The force is strong with me though, and i have jedi reservation stalking skills.

5 Likes

Yeah I only ever did the leading res once (just this summer, for 7/4 at CG dinner) and I still have guilt about it (even though it was epic)

3 Likes

I wonder if I can use open table or I actually called the restaurant directly once to make a reservation. I may try that now and see if they will book me inā€¦

2 Likes

I also donā€™t mind paying for mouse dining. Is there another reservation finder people like better? Of course I will have TP reservation finder set.

The last time I checked Homecoming was not using Open Table?

Day 1 ADR success! Weā€™re going to Space for dinner!

10 Likes

I was going to ask this same question as I am booking soon. Could this thread turn into the generic leading ADR/Reservations post?

That is probably up to @MTrib?

Hijack away!!

1 Like

Second successful ADR day. Donā€™t get excited. It was for LTT. I slept in for this one.

2 Likes

Why do you have to book one day at a time?

Because you can only book a max of +10 days no matter how long your trip is. But, since every day you are reserving at the +10 mark, it should be much less stressful.

2 Likes

In the past a leading/overlapping reservation would not be 15 days. You could always get your ADRs at 60+5 or more. So if you had a 5 day trip your leading could start 5 days earlier. Now you cannot get desirable ADRs at less than 60+10?

Editing to add: I havenā€™t been following these leading reservations thread so I donā€™t know if I missed this in the past and when it changed. Is this what was first introduced by BoM?

1 Like

I havenā€™t done it yet. But, Iā€™ve read of complaints on here and on Disboards saying that. As usual just for the super-desirable ones, Space 220 seems like the hot ticket now.

I got one because I want to go to Topolinoā€™s on arrival day and without a leading reservation I could only reserve at the 59 day mark. For everything else, Biergarten, Crystal Palace and a few others, at worst Iā€™d have to get a non-ideal date/time.

It also seems to me that at the 60 day mark, people will be more sure of their plans and therefore less likely to cancel. Of course there is the day before cancellations, but I really donā€™t want my plans for the one-and-done trip to be dependent on day-before cancellations.

Right but the other strategy has you booking your 60+ 5-10 on a 5 day trip. I am just shocked you couldnā€™t get Space or Topolinoā€™s at 60+7,8, or 9. You need 70 plus?

If youā€™re going to the trouble of making a leading reservation, why not maximize the benefit? It was a lot less stressful to just book one day at a time and not have to overthink whether +5 would be sufficient.

So with a leading reservation extending things by 10 days, thereā€™s no advantage to when you have high demand ADRs in your actual vacation, right?
In other words, thereā€™s no advantage in shuffling things around so Iā€™m trying for CRT or 220 on D+1 instead of D+8.

2 Likes

Is anyone reporting you cannot book desired ADRs (if they have been released) at 60+11? (Back to my original question if nothing is available at 60+ 6 or more?). Your real booking window is more that 10 days out so there should not be any reason to move?

2 Likes

For our large group of 8 desirable restaurants at desirable times (BOG for 8 at 5:00pm, Topolinos for 8 at 8:45am) weā€™re only available 60+10. Any later and theyā€™re not there.

1 Like