Leading reservations and ADR priorities

Think of it like this. Say you shortened your Leading Reservation by 5 days. The first day you could make your ADR’s, some other people had 120 hours head-start on you for the first 5 days of your vacation. Whereas, if you do them one-day at a time and wake up an hour later than they open, then a few other people will have had one hours head-start.

2 Likes

I’ve never done it before, because I’m not a fan of taking advantage of the system in this way, but I did a leading reservation because I am fed up with Disney and this trip (long story) and seeing other people grab reservations during the week I was going to be there. I luckily found dates that worked to overlap with my trip. I was able to book La Hacienda for dinner for 6 on 12/2, with lots of other options open. We like Mexican and that seems to be the better of the 2 options. I could have gotten just about any restaurant for most of my trip, including Space 220. I’m beginning to wonder if a lot of people caught on to this trick.

I’m also wondering though if some reservations at Epcot are being held back for the Candlelight Processional dining packages.

4 Likes

I tend to be up by 6:30 am anyway so it won’t be a huge difference. Just need to make sure I am appropriately caffeinated that early so I can snag some good spots!

1 Like

Wondering same about Candlelight. I’ll be stalking for those, too.

Now I’m second guessing my Steakhouse 71 plan based on a couple of reviews that I saw. Kind of wondering about trying to get something at California Grill for 6ish on the night of the Christmas party. We will be in park/Xmas gear for sure. Thoughts on the dress code issue? BTW “kids” are 17 and 20 so no concerns there.

You will not have any issues with dress codes at CG but I would not worry about any negative reviews for Steakhouse 71.

Just listened to @len on Disney Dish and I think I’m sticking with Steakhouse. I think my fam will enjoy it. I’ll save CG for a time when we can enjoy fireworks view. That’s not in the plan for this trip.

1 Like

Like others I gave in and did my first LOR. But I was only able to grab A total of 10 days instead of 10+ my trip stay. So I will be trying to make them all at once, which is making me anxious. I decided I would prefer getting up every morning!

Luckily the New Year’s Eve Citricos I want is my only “must have on this day” reservation (aside from Savis, which doesn"t seem to book up) and that one will be on day 10. So I should be able to get it.

2 Likes

Savi’s doesn’t book up? That’s good to know. So many reservations to juggle at once! We don’t usually go during such a busy time so I’ve always been able to count on TP ressie finder or just stalking the site.

I make no promises, but if you look at it right now, 60 days out, there are lots of spots. Ogas is completely booked.

You can also go to Mouse Dining and see availability calendars. Fantastic planning resource to see how quickly ADRs are going for different places. Based on that I bumped my Boma reservations to last priority as there seems to be plenty of availability.

1 Like

Oooh! Did not know Mousedining had that feature. It has been less effective than the TP ressie finder so I haven’t been on the site in a long time. Thanks!

1 Like

I did really well with Oga’s at only 60+4!

3 Likes

Good to know! Thank you.

1 Like

Leading Reservations are still successful for ADRs?

Yes.

I just had a thought. Does only the primary person on the reservation get to make ADR’s at 60+10?

Say one of us has a leading reservation, and another one of us wanted one for the same dates, and couldn’t get one. Like happened to someone recently. Of course that was right before Thanksgiving. So, maybe that doesn’t often happen. Could someone add someone else to the reservation, and then both people make their own ADR’s?

I am set. We have a long trip so we have almost a month booked. But, even though we are going in Feb and I did it a month or two ago, there were few choices. That makes me wonder about other people.

Anyone named on the leading room reservation can make their own ADRs at 60+10.

For instance, I put 3 adults on mine in May/June because we were having 10 people at dinner one night and I needed to split the reservation into 2 groups, each booked under a different name (I wasn’t sure if I might need to split it into 3). I had to log into their MDE accounts to book under their names.

1 Like

AND, as long as the person is 10+ (Disney Adult) the system will let you do it.
I had one set of ressies I made recently and the son who is exactly 10 is the lead on a couple of them because it is a large group :slight_smile: He’s kind of stoked about it.

2 Likes

I’m still debating if I should go through this hassle to get my ADRs for marathon weekend in January. We are looking at:

Weds 1/5 Homecomin dinner
Th 1/6 Skipper canteen lunch
Fri 1/7 50s PT dinner
Sat 1/8 Yack and Yeti lunch, Toplolinos dinner
Sun 1/9 Steakhouse 71 breakfast, Le Cellier early dinner

Anyone have any speculations or thoughts on what to do? Also should I have asked this in a separate post?

I think the only one you could have trouble with is Topolinos. Probably not worth the trouble. If you dont get Topolinos at first, i bet you get it with some watching and stalking for cancellations.

1 Like