Last of Harmonious barges in place

This. This show better be so epic that it erases the ridiculous stupidity of these barges during the day.

That or this idea of them submerging partially better be correct and by partially they better mean like 99%.

6 Likes

Sadly, I’m 99% certain they won’t submerge. Looking at the equipment etc on board (this video has some good close ups) - I see some sort of heat pumps, tons of electricity etc - doesn’t look submersible, so it seems this is how they will sit.

One thing I’m super confused by is the amount of technology visible on the barges that will be drenched in water for long periods of time if/when the fountains are on. Lots of lighting, projectors etc that can probably withstand a shower, but being soaked constantly and daily… looks scary… But I’m sure they know what they’re doing. Or I hope they do, because technical problems with this sounds like a nightmare.

2 Likes

Your second point seems to contradict your first point?

I hope you’re wrong, but even if you are those things can’t possibly sit low enough to avoid being the eyesores they are.

Who the hell okayed this monstrosity?!

2 Likes

Good question.

When the show was designed, the Stargate and Tacos were going to be brought out each night - like the Globe.

Then it began to dawn on someone, somewhere that it would take a long time to do that each evening, and then to take them back again after. That meant extra man power and the bridge being out of action for too long. So it was decreed from higher up that they should stay out all the time.

So it isn’t the show designers who made that decision, it was imposed from on high. Don’t know who, maybe the VP at the time - who’s moved on anyway. Or the money men.

2 Likes

No but I may have been unclear - first point referred to equipment between the lower and upper platforms, which presumably would be the part submerged, however it doesn’t look possible to me.

Second point was in regards to equipment all around the barges, particularly projectors etc that sit higher on the trussing. These I’m confused about whether or not they will withstand being drenched by the fountains all the time. But I’m not an expert, so this is just me thinking aloud.

But I also hope I’m wrong!

1 Like

Gotcha. It sounded like you were talking about the same components. I understand your points now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can you still ride the boats across the lake or no?

We did - a few weeks ago. There was 1 barge missing, but the boats aren’t really close to them at all, so I expect you still can. They go approx. every 15 minutes from Morocco and FW, on the Canada side.

It’s ugly and even CMs don’t like them

2 Likes

Not looking forward to seeing those next week…:face_vomiting:

So ugly. What were they thinking?!

They were not. Lol.

1 Like

It occurs to me that even when these monstrosities are in covert fountain mode, the fountains will be so enormous they will (a) block sightlines even more, and (b) be really quite loud.

4 Likes

c) spray a mist of water everywhere when the breeze blows

4 Likes

This test didn’t look so bad. :crazy_face::crazy_face::smiley::grin::laughing:

https://i0.wp.com/adventureswithashley.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/20160423_121048-ANIMATION.gif?fit=972%2C548

9 Likes

Incidentally, that’s about how much water those fountains will require.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Well if they are still running the boats across right now (and i do hope they are!) I suppose that will end when they turn those fountains on. I can’t imagine it working out with the…spray.

1 Like

Oh fudge, I hadn’t considered this :rage:

1 Like

Disney Imagineers always come up with something

8 Likes