Last of Harmonious barges in place

I think the four taco barges are to go in each of the “corners” of the lagoon, albeit all in the middle of the lagoon if that makes sense. So that everyone will be able to see the screens from wherever they are around the lagoon, other than the fact you’ll want to be facing the Star Gate to have the best view. The Star Gate is the main “screen” for the show, so you want to be facing it on either side.

So it will destroy even more sight lines.

1 Like

So we are calling this Tacos and Stargates

That sounds harmonious.

8 Likes

Lol…i was talking about “tacos” and “stargate” to a disney loving co-worker the other day. Someone in the room with us that knows nothing of this asked us how tacos have anything to do with stargate and why does it matter? It just does my friend…just does. :rofl: sound rediculous to the outside world

3 Likes

6 Likes

Tacos and stargate :rofl:

Apparently they are off center because of the dock from Illuminations?

3 Likes

I thought it was set based on the fastpass viewing area or party viewing area. It looks off from other vantage points, but is apparently good from that area.

This shows a great view of the height of the water feature as compared to the ring itself. But they misspoke, clearly mistaking “Taco” for “Fin”.

https://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/harmonious/news/05mar2021-photo---harmonious-water-fountain-testing-underway-at-epcot.htm

2 Likes

Lot’s of coverage and different views of the Stargate & Tacos™ here:

On a side note, the entrance area with the new lights and everything is looking very cool!

2 Likes

Oh my… So they are doing the fountains now… :confounded:

Of course, this is a test, this particular test just wasn’t looking very harmonious

Source: Mickey Views on Instagram: "EXCLUSIVE: HARMONIOUS DAYTIME TESTING! 🌊🤯 Remember last week when people were saying we should reserve judgement for the fountains because they’d “hide” the barges and HELP the sightlines? NOW I CANT SEE ANY PAVILIONS AT ALL! 🤣 In all seriousness, this IS still testing of course. BUT water is water and wind is wind and the infrastructure here is what it is so the final effect can’t be that much different. We will see! What do you think of this first in-park look at this new water feature in the World Showcase Lagoon? 😱 . 📸: @disneyisforadultstooo . #disneynews #disneyworld #disney #harmonious #waltdisneyworld #wdw #hollywoodstudios #epcot #animalkingdom #magickingdom #epcotoverhaul #disneyparks #disneygram #instadisney #imagineering #instadisney #disney2021"

4 Likes

Yikes…

3 Likes

:tired_face:

3 Likes

Looks more MISTerious to me. :wink:

7 Likes

:flushed::flushed::flushed: this is not OK! Should we all wear ponchos like at niagara falls?

6 Likes

that strong misting across WS might be enjoyable in Aug/Sep :rofl:

4 Likes

I guess it does block the horrendous barge itself. :woman_shrugging: :pensive:

6 Likes

This needs some work.

I hope this eventually works the way they think it will and hides the hideous thing in the day and provides a beautiful night show.

(but I don’t know that I have a lot of hope for that).

I was never blown away by Rivers of Light which used the fountain/mist/water projection technology. I mean it was good, we saw it a few times, but I was never heartbroken to miss it, either.

I hope this craziness will be much better.

5 Likes

well…ya don’t see the barges anymore… soooo Op: Success?

3 Likes

I’m a little late to this thread and haven’t read it all.

You have to believe that Harmonious itself is going to be mindblowing because we are paying a hell of a price for it. It really needs to be worth it.

I’m reminded of something Prince Charles once said. Speaking about a planned extension to the National Gallery he quipped, “What is proposed seems to me a monstrous carbuncle on the face of a much-loved and elegant friend.”

Sounds about right.

8 Likes

If you look at the instagram video, the barge spitting out the water is still quite visible, it just covers the entire lagoon view :rofl:

2 Likes