šŸ¦” Last minute trip booked ā€” Now featuring LIVE TRIP REPORT!

What about Storybook Dining at Artist Point? I donā€™t know where it falls on the DDP scaleā€¦or the badger doesnā€™t like face characters scale (thereā€™s a mix there). Food is good!

6 Likes

Itā€™s two TS credits, I think. I have done it before. Bad experience. Snow White pointedly ignored me (I was dining alone) every time she came round.

5 Likes

And maybe youā€™ll see your Aunt Elaine there. She would not ignore you.

6 Likes

We had her last time (perhaps you remembered?) and she was great.

5 Likes

I should probably step away from the laptop. Itā€™s approaching 1am here. Iā€™ve achieved a lot today. Letā€™s not overdo it, eh?

5 Likes

Have you seem that this now has character meets?

Duffy
Meeko
Thumper
Mary Poppins with her Penguin
Jiminy Cricket
Pinocchio
Rafiki
Stitch
Rescue Rangers

4 Likes

Iā€™ve never eaten there. But I hear the fried chicken and meatloaf are good!

3 Likes

That bitch

I was actually going to say get some sleep! I can see your brain racing a mile a minute. Iā€™m enjoying your excitement but we will be here tomorrow!

ā€¦ We missed you :heart_hands: :people_hugging:

7 Likes

:grimacing: Maybe itā€™s better now but my breakfast in February was really bad and not just because the skillet cinnamon roll is gone.

I think you avoid participating at HDD if you book category 3 which is upstairs. The food is really good.

4 Likes

Toledo at CSR. Best on property meal Iā€™ve had.

I really like Raglan Road too. Skipper Canteen at MK is a favorite. DD and I like Roundup Rodeo but it was a ton of food for just two of us. Loved the fluffy cheddar biscuits with the pepper jelly and the sides. Dessert was good too. The restaurant itself is so well themed.

If the cultural reps are all back in Epcot, Chefs de France had some hot French waiters pre-covid.

I know youā€™ve already booked the dining plan, but the last three trips Iā€™ve taken, Iā€™ve just been eating snacks and a few QS. It was fun to try stuff I never had stomach room for when I was eating TS meals with the dining plan.

Snacks:
Dole whip with pineapple upside down cake, cattail at Cheshire Cat, fruit and Nutella waffle at MK.
Buffalo Chicken chips at Trilo Bites, Chicken Dumplings with ponzu sauce and season fries at Mr. Kamals at AK

QS: Woodyā€™s lunch box, Satuli of course.

8 Likes

It (Rhinos) would have been worth it at triple the price we paid. IMHO.

3 Likes

WELCOME BACK!

I love a more relaxed " donā€™t worry about the rides " day at the park. We do those alot more now that we are DVC. I also like just taking all different Disney transportation and exploring resorts.

5 Likes

:sunglasses:

7 Likes

We did HDDR for the first time this past March. The food was great, and show was both hokey and funny. A lot of fun. Audience participation is mostly up to you. I got to participate. I go to play the washboard at one point during the show (well, basically one person from each table got to if you wanted).

6 Likes

News update

UOR AP acquired :white_check_mark:

I was slightly anxious about this because I had already ordered two UK tickets for UOR for me and Paul in December. The T&Cs suggested Iā€™d pay a penalty for cancelling mine. But there was no penalty. Yay. I bought the 3 Park Seasonal, which covers both trips, though Iā€™m blocked out of VB in the summer. Which is fine: Iā€™ll be doing TL. The UK tickets were about $429; the AP was $559.

So I can now visit UOR in June whenever the mood takes me.

Iā€™ve made a list of upcharge events for June that Iā€™m going to shoot for:

KTTK

BTS

HS AH

Rhino thing

HDDR

I can book HDDR online, but the rest I have to call for.

15 Likes

BTW, one thing worth mentioning about HDDRā€¦while I recommend itā€¦it is a time suck. Just getting there and back takes a while, so you have to be willing to dedicate a fair amount of time.

Now, we were still glad we did it. It was a new experience. But definitely you need to plan for the travel time!

7 Likes

Well thatā€™s the joy of this trip. No rush for anything!

New experiences are good!

Itā€™s very annoying that you canā€™t book add-ons from the UK without calling. Iā€™ve tried accessing the US website, but it just defaults to the UK one. I called but theyā€™re not open until 12 noon EDT, which is 5pm my time. Ugh.

The Universal website defaults to the UK version, too. No matter what youā€™re searching for, it completely ignores you and takes you to the UK homepage, which has no useful information on it.

7 Likes

10 Likes

Now that she knows about your trip, couldnā€™t a TA (@JuliaMc) get these for you? The only problem with calling is some will not be available at the moment but will likely open up as you get closer to your trip. I found availability for all kinds of things about a week before my last trip.

4 Likes

Did you know you can lie on the internet? I had no idea.

You might remember that Anthony is the dodgy member of the gaggle. He just taught me how to lie to Disney and pretend Iā€™m in the US. And it worked!

HS AH booked :white_check_mark:
Rhino thing booked :white_check_mark:

I was lucky with the Rhino thing. It was totally booked up. Except for my departure day, which is 60 days from now. As you lazy Americans arenā€™t out of bed yet, you havenā€™t booked your slots and there was one available for me. Yay.

17 Likes