🦡 Last minute trip booked — Now featuring LIVE TRIP REPORT!

Oh, I’ll bet that it does! I’d love to go back right now. This has been a very rough year for me and I long for another solo trip. I’m happy that you get to have one, though.

7 Likes

Have not heard good reviews. Regal Eagle BBQ is good- better than Flame Tree IMO.

We ate there in Dec for dinner. I was less excited about the menu but it was wonderful! One of the best meals we had all trip.

But i felt the character interaction rushed and we had to ask twice to see Mickey. I much prefered the food at Crystal Palace.

3 Likes

Tusker House dinner booked. Bricker raves about it: “TH now ranks as new top character dining experience in terms of both value and food quality.”

Nothing at 1900PF or TT or CM. Meh. Whatever.

11 Likes

Oh we had fantastic character interactions! I think sometimes it is the luck of the draw. I had very meh character interactions at Tusker House.

Edited: but my party may have been giving off a “we don’t want hugs” vibe. Which, I always want hugs, just don’t always give off the vibe.

4 Likes

Yeah, I’ve heard that, too.

Oh. I had probably my best ever (or first equal) character interaction at TH.

6 Likes

Breakfast at GG for my first morning.

I know, it’s not the most expensive meal, but I want to start at Epcot (so much new stuff to see) and my plan is to rope drop Soarin’ (because I fricken love it, especially the grass in the elephants scene) and then Mickey waffles and Pluto hugs. Is there a better start to a day?

20 Likes

Sounds awesome!!

2 Likes

Hoop-Dee-Doo? Thoughts?

2 Likes

Never been. DH has and loved it. Heard the food was good. But if you’re not it seating area 1 you may not get s good seat. There is limited seating for 2 ppl. So I bet you can find a diagram online and see what your potential seating would be.

3 Likes

It’s dead to me. I read a review. Audience participation. Nope.

Now I’m looking at 1900PF dinner options.

6 Likes

Is that a character meal? I can’t recall…

1 Like

Yes. Lame characters. Dead to me. Next.

6 Likes

If HDD is appealing have you looked at the restaurant in WL? I can’t recall the name but I heard the skillets were fabulous.
I’m dying to eat at San Angel Inn or the other Mexico TS.
Yak n Yeti?
Honestly if I was solo dining on a go with the flow trip I would survive on savory snacks and small meals. Adding too many TS reservations ties you down. And day of availability really has gotten so much better over the last couple years.
ETA: Your solo for summer trip, right?

2 Likes

Unless they really changed the show at hoop Dee doo, there is minimal audience participation and you definitely don’t have to do anything. I thought it was pretty fun in the past

3 Likes

I’ve been distracted by After Hours events. I’m telling myself I can get rides done, in cooler weather. During my week, they have MK, HS and TL. I did the TL AH last summer and it was a disaster (torrential rain). Do I risk it again?

5 Likes

It’s not as bad as it sounds. I took my incredibly shy youngest back when they were about 7 and still struggling with speaking. Because I booked early, we were seated really close to the stage. We did have a performer come chat with us – they go to the floor crowd looking for volunteers – but it was just a nice interaction and then he moved on. The level of audience participation is similar to ETWB.

4 Likes

No. Rain is likely and you need to save your $ for KTTK and your UOR AP.

7 Likes

Disney really hates UK peeps. They don’t want us booking up-charge events. You can only do it by calling them.

But I’m booking the Rhino thing if I can, even though it seems like it has doubled in price.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t. Maybe at HS, because that park, ride wise, is a nightmare for me. But it has my beloved TSM. So I’m always torn.

2 Likes

Yeah, that was the one I was most attracted to. I can go to TL during the day for free as my tickets include it. Oh, also the Golf.

Also: I booked 50PT for dinner. Because I really like the food.

9 Likes