šŸ¦” Last minute trip booked ā€” Now featuring LIVE TRIP REPORT!

Why not both?

8 Likes

Fine. Iā€™ll call tomorrow.

4 Likes

Iā€™m slightly cross.

Iā€™ve bought the DDP, which I think was a good move, but now I feel obliged to make ADRs, which is slightly against the go-where-the-wind-takes-you tone of the trip.

On the plus side, I now get to spend ages thinking about which ADRs to book. And if Iā€™m doing an UOR day, I can do one signature TS.

I know you guys will get this, but Iā€™ll whisper it anyway: Damn, it feels good to be going back there. I do miss it. I did need a break from it. Yeah, yeah, a year isnā€™t much of a break. (Though in 2022 I went four times.) But Iā€™m ready to go back. It (WDW and UOR) are my happy place. I just love how easy it can be. I mean, once youā€™re in the bubble. You just do whatever you want and itā€™s all there for you and everyone is (mostly) so nice. I kinda need this right now.

25 Likes

I donā€™t know if the trend will continue, but ADRs are easier to come by these days. You could schedule a few top priorities and then leave a couple more to chance the morning of.

The bubble is a nice break from regular life. TBH I havenā€™t bought an AP because it would make it more enticing to ā€œrun away from homeā€ and Iā€™m needed here.

12 Likes

Good news. The new policy is that you can cancel an ADR up to two hours before. So that gives you more flexibility.

10 Likes

There is a tram to Terminal C. It is accessible from the security check point for gates 70-129. I dont know if you arenā€™t going through those gates if you are able to get through on that security line but I would think not.
Maybe someone knows for sure though.

How are you talking yourself into USR for the summer trip :joy::joy: I thought WDW in June and USR in December.

2 Likes

These women are wise.

You can book ADRs now and then modify as the mood strikes. Once youā€™re on site, fly by the seat of your pants and pick up whatever ADR is available. Since youā€™re not trying to book a dining/show package combo, it should be achievable.

7 Likes

Shush. Weā€™re not pointing out inconsistencies in the plan. We are accepting it as it is and as it develops. As Paul helpfully said today when I told him Iā€™d booked the trip, ā€œyou do youā€. Iā€™m doing me. And it feels great.

14 Likes

I would be a little disappointed if your trip planning didnā€™t take some twists and turns! :grin:

7 Likes

Right. Letā€™s focus, people. We have a job to do and not long to do it.

ADRs. Weā€™re looking for five regular TS and one signature, for a total of seven credits, with one day at UOR. Ideally expensive ones. I like steak. And lobster. And character dining. Sadly, I donā€™t really like alcohol and I might just have water as my drink as the non-alcoholic drinks are just empty calories.

Snacks. Weā€™re looking for seven expensive snacks. Obviously Vente Starbucks Frappuccinos, blue milk, Dole Whip (do they still do the pineapple upside-down cake? with DW?), and . . . maybe just lots of Starbucks.

QS credits. Seven to spend. Six days to spend them. Obviously Satuā€™li. Regal Eagle? I want lots of expensive food.

Give me names.

6 Likes

Because Rhinos is better than GG. You get to touch a Rhino and be really near them and talk with a keeper. GG is a really cool experience but you donā€™t get anything like Rhinos.

We did both on our Jan 2023 trip and we did Rhinos first so GG was a bit of a personal let down. However, had we done GG first we would have really enjoyed it and then really enjoyed Rhinos.

Itā€™s kind of like doing a split stay, you want to stay at the nicest place last if possible.

The only * for this is if you donā€™t like Rhinos OR really love Elephants, then :woman_shrugging:.

3 Likes

My own thoughts . . .

Narcoosseeā€™s for the signature? Iā€™ve never been. And I need to go to the GF at least once. (Have the finished remodelling the lobby?)

I really liked the food at 50s Prime Time. Woodyā€™s Roundup? Steakhouse 71 (for dinner)?

Character dining . . . I like Topolinoā€™s as a location, but not the characters or the food at breakfast. I need to read reviews of 1900PF (though Iā€™m already going to GF if Iā€™m doing Narcoosseeā€™s). Toledo (love the location and love CSR, not wild about the food). (I know thatā€™s not character dining. I got distracted.) Chef Mickey (I like the breakfast and love the characters, but Iā€™ve done it twice, and if I do S71 I donā€™t want to go back to CR. Crystal Palace, definitely a favourite for an MK day. Tusker House (love the characters, scary menu). Garden Grill: enjoy the breakfast but the lunch is meh. But: Pluto. Never done Ohana other than breakfast. Is the Poly a building site?

If Iā€™m going to the drone show at DS, I better include some DS dining. Maybe for my QS credits. There are some interesting options.

4 Likes

I think it quite likely I will cry if I get to touch a rhino. For reasons Iā€™ve never understood, FFF gets me tearful every time. Those birds are awesome.

8 Likes

Oh and, at least when we went, Rhinos is only once a day and GG has several times, which is why itā€™s harder to get Rhinos. This is probably so the keepers etc. still had time to do the keeper part of the job and the Rhinos donā€™t get worn out.

3 Likes

Our Rhino was Dugan and he was wonderful. :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers: you can make it happen.

It is worth making a leading reservation imho but :shushing_face:

2 Likes

Because we enabled it, as good Liners should.

Yes, pipe down and do not disrupt the enabling. :wink:

Perhaps sparkling water, iced tea or an after dinner coffee.

5 Likes

Yes. Itā€™s delicious. @stlouie and I enjoyed it thoroughly and I also went in July last year. And itā€™s expensive.

Same. Especially Boris the Marabou Stork

6 Likes

Narcoosseeā€™s booked for my last night. Virtually no availability my entire trip. Bagged a 5.20pm slot, which seems ideal to me. Nice dinner, leisurely walk to MK to be disappointed by Tinkerbell at 9.20pm.

12 Likes

It was so yummy I went again with @ThorKat in March!

5 Likes

If you have never been to Hollywood and Vine for lunch or dinner the food is really pretty good, and not scary. And Pluto.

5 Likes