🦡 Last minute trip booked — Now featuring LIVE TRIP REPORT!

Booked it :white_check_mark:

10 Likes

I will live vicariously through your trip report.

6 Likes

I can’t wait to see pics. :rofl:

(There better be pics.)

5 Likes

At one point I considered Discovery Cove (not for this trip) and was primarily attracted to the opportunity to interact with dolphins. This was vetoed by Paul, who doesn’t agree with keeping dolphins in captivity.

But he’s not coming on this trip. And if FFF makes me tearful, touching a dolphin is going to push me over the edge and I’m so up for that.

I did my accounts today and it was pretty horrifying, but I may as well make the most of the trip, and I’m packing it with things that (mostly) I haven’t done before. It’s turning into a very animal-centric trip.

TL is out. I think it will be a disappointment compared with VB, and I’m planning a big VB day for the December trip. Hell, I upgraded our tickets and my AP to three parks for this reason.

7 Likes

Cameras are not allowed, but I believe the CMs take pics and obviously I’ll post those. Unless they make me look fat.

5 Likes

You’ll be standing next to a literal cousin of a whale, I think you’ll be fine.

9 Likes

I can see the comments now: Which one is the dolphin?

6 Likes

On arrival day I’ve booked dinner at S71, but I’m wondering whether I should switch to Jiko? The Jiko reservation is later, which makes it marginally less stressful in terms of getting there on time. But I’ve been to Jiko before and I haven’t been to S71. But Jiko is closer to ASMo than S71. But Jiko is two TS credits. But AKL is a more interesting place to visit than CR. But I can get to and from CR by Disney transportation.

Help!

4 Likes

New experiences + easy transportation + maybe seeing the castle lit up at night = ?

4 Likes

I’m thinking of casting it to my TV and popping some pop corn each evening.

Absolutely nothing wrong with that.

9 Likes

My flight lands at 1725, all being well. I have Global Entry and have been able to get from plane to transportation in 30 mins. I’ve booked the Mears coach because at the time I was pretending to care about costs.

The S71 reservation is for 2035.

So MCO to ASMo to MK to CR by 2035.

In theory I could actually enter MK and gawp a bit. Maybe even ride PM? Especially if I say screw the cost and start taking Ubers.

Highly controversial suggestion: Switch to CG. They have later dining times. I could definitely get some MK action. And watch HEA from CG.

5 Likes

Oh, indeed. We love animals. Not so wild about humans.

6 Likes

The only reason I wouldn’t do this is that it puts a lot of pressure if you run into any delays. It would make me anxious and that’s not how I would want to start my trip. Also, if you need a different time for SH71 you could likely get it between now and then.

6 Likes

Well S71 only books to 9pm. CG books till 10pm.

But CG doesn’t take the dining plan.

Hmm.

3 Likes

There is that two hour cancellation policy. If your plane is delayed or if you are tired, you should have time to cancel, regardless of your choice for dinner?

5 Likes

I’ve been to CG many times. And it’s expensive. And I’ll end up with a spare TS credit (which I’m sure I can use, lol).

But that view! And the increased chance to sneak in to MK first. And I do really like a good filet.

My fingers are hovering over the [Cancel] button on the Mears website . . .

3 Likes

I have several memes stating just this! I currently have more animals than friends I hang out with.

6 Likes

Stick with SH71!!!

4 Likes

Well, I cancelled it. Wherever I end up eating, I want to get to my resort fast. And I was already concerned about the early pick-up time for the return journey.

4 Likes

Good call. It’s worth it when you’re there for a relatively short trip to get to your resort faster.

5 Likes