Jurassic World VelociCoaster Opening Summer 2021

Me too; I really am sorry I made that leap from those deaths to bankruptcy.

FYI I’m not on social media at all except here because of the infighting and it’s not worth it to even observe it. Here I haven’t had one issue where I felt like someone was trolling even when they are arguing in jest or truly. Maybe Disney fans are just good people. ;-).

Edit: and I’m in dog foster and the reason I left social media was the infighting amongst animal activists if you can believe it or not. You would think they were caring people but they’d attack you personally if you had a different stance on what to do with a dog with a bite history or Distemper!

5 Likes

I’m glad you have a steady job even if it’s not in your area of choice; there’s much to be said about that.

My mom has many wise quotes but one of them is the true heroes are everyday people.

I too have an ordinary job I took for the money though I wanted to teach (mom is a teacher and only where she is financially cuz of my step-dad aka my dad). So I went against my passion of teaching for stability. Consequently I can take my kids to Disney a lot so I think it was worth the trade. :wink: I hope one day to find some way to teach though. Maybe in retirement I can sub or something.

4 Likes

Good! RnRC is painful for my long torso. The permanently attached side of the restraints is too low and the restraints dig into my shoulders hard and still don’t come down as far as they’re supposed to. I’m surprised they let me on. I have been kicked off of Six Flags rides for height too before.

2 Likes

Dolly’s Drop! (Other’s call it dip)

I had heard she undid her own on purpose because her kid behind her was freaking out and she was trying to turn around to calm her down.

The other stuff’s too gross to think about.

When they say to keep your hands and feet inside the ride vehicle at all times…they mean it.

4 Likes

Scary!!

1 Like

Every clamshell style coaster seat I’ve rode has a seatbelt as well as the lap restraint. Does Velocicoaster have it as well?

1 Like

Seatbelts are the norm, yes. I assume Velocicoaster will as well.

1 Like

UOAP previews May 2 - 5. Register here.

http://links.messages.universalorlando.com/els/v2/4mGySm26wVcN/UEJDYm5BL1l4bWxMK3lIRnpKYjdHbXV0bnk3S0N5eVpwOEhDTmRIckJkbk1KT2VrU0NRRjZQZGs5am5YWHh5WjFKT2o5Z3NjRHVRTENvNjgwY0NCVUpCVkgzQ1FERzIxV3l1MTJSU09UZE5lVlhiZU1CaElEQT09S0/

4 Likes

Trying to sign up, but keeps saying there is an error with the server… We’ll keep trying!

1 Like

I’m won’t be at UOR until May 25th (at which point I will be buying an AP) but this had got to indicate a soft open coming shortly after the AP previews, right?!

3 Likes

Ahh, just looked at hotels and it’s basically all booked for onsite anyway for the preview. Guess that’s a no for us.

I think you’ll be good.

1 Like

I don’t have my pass on me, and it wants the number :sob:

I had my pass nearby, and we are there then anyway.
BUT, it never went through. Server problems until it switched to “Sorry, this event is no longer accepting RSVPs.”

3 Likes

Is the number in the app or any passholder emails?

Apparently it’s not in my app anymore since I switched phones… all that’s there is the receipt/confirmation from buying it. I know I used the app the last time we went, though.

Ugh. I’m not happy about this. I fear it means it will be open (soft) ahead of the advertised date and will draw in larger crowds while we’re there. :confused:

2 Likes

Conversely: it’ll be open for weeks before your trip and it’s more capacity for the park

1 Like

more capacity doesn’t equal less crowds

Not much help, though, because of the change to using VQs. Before, if a new ride opened, all the people wanted to ride it waited in the multi-hour line. But now, those same people are given a VQ and go fill up the queues of other rides while they wait for their turn.

It is the downside to VQs…it makes the other lines longer.

2 Likes