Jurassic World VelociCoaster Opening Summer 2021

4 Likes

On the one hand I’m disappointed. I’m going in April. Allegedly. On the other hand I’m not. Hagrid and ROTR are already supremely stressful. Adding another must-do-or-the-trip-and-my-life-are-ruined attractions may be too much for my little heart to bear.

2 Likes

I heard they planned for a spring opening but I think they pushed it back from delays due to COVID and possibly moving the movie date.

If I hear that phrase once more as a justification for yet another corporate disappointment I’m going to go postal.

3 Likes

Hahaha!!! I feel the EXACT same way! It’s also how I feel every single time someone says “children are resilient” in response to how children are being affected by all this insanity. :angry:

1 Like
2 Likes

This looks great! I hope it is open when I’m there at the end of May, but I imagine Summer could mean June or July.

1 Like

Yeah, with all the progress I thought it would be opening in Spring. It may be as fun as Hagrids!

2 Likes

With all the progress on this ride I cannot imagine it wouldn’t be open for Spring Break or at least Memorial Day.

Any word on virtual queue coming to this ride?

2 Likes

This looks AMAZING!~

Mental note to self, do this BEFORE 7 bottles of Butterbeer and 4 Flaming Moe’s.

3 Likes

I am so hoping it is open by June!

2 Likes

It should be!

3 Likes

If this was before the pandemic I’d be more optimistic about an April opening (which I heard about in 2019) but due to social distancing and having to work farther away from people indoors I can see how the timeframe to install scenic work could delay it weeks/months.

Look at Bourne, I bet there’s some sort of soft opening in late April or early May with some sort of “virtual grand opening” in late May.

https://twitter.com/AmusementInside/status/1352868656611532800

2 Likes

They have officially announced the date!!! June 10th!!

https://twitter.com/UniversalORL/status/1379445224645271563

6 Likes

I am not going to do it. I am not going to do it. I am not going to do it. (If I say it enough I might not throw a ridiculous amount of money to go to Universal and stand in line for hours). I am not going to do it.

6 Likes

I know right?? I went about a 3 weeks before Hagrid’s opened, but still had 2 days of unused tickets. I was like, “I just spent $5,000! How can I go right back!!”

This does make my getting an AP this fall more likely… since I’ll be getting my second COIVD shot in about 10 days

3 Likes

June 10th. I am pretty sure that was RixFlix’s first choice guess at an opening date.

I’m excited to ride it, but I’m kind of glad it will open after we are there for this trip because I think it will help keep crowds lower. I think if it opened before/when we arrived, crowd levels would shoot up.

7 Likes

Rick’s got some pretty good hook-ups with TMs. He’s one of my main UOR sources. (He’s not perfect, but more often right than not)

Of course, UOR has been saying it would open Summer 2021. And, well…June 10 is still spring. :slight_smile: Liars.

1 Like

Similar to what @ryan1 said, I’m sad I’ll miss it for my trip. But I’m happy there won’t be a mammoth crowd magnet while I’m there. I guess I could get the best of both worlds if they do a soft open …

5 Likes