Jurassic World VelociCoaster Opening Summer 2021

Have just alerted the fam. Thx for the update!

2 Likes

I will be in Disney in June so I could do it, but I think we decided to wait until our September tripā€¦maybe. Rental plus 1 day tickets for two- how bad could it be? No! I am not going to do it.

6 Likes

I am with Ryan in that Iā€™m glad that the date is a decent amount after our trip. I donā€™t think mine is that far off from Ryanā€™s. Ryan, if you see a guy in a Jedi robe, thatā€™s my DH. People might delay their trips from my time period until after it opens. Late April/Early May is probably too much earlier than the opening to hope to be allowed on a test run, though.

I much prefer thrill coasters when they are new and smoother, though. So a soft opening would have been nice.

1 Like

Nice I expect a soft open on 6/4 when Iā€™m there!

2 Likes

Iā€™ll have to pretend it is wizard robes. Jedi is the wrong IP! :smiley:

1 Like

or get the VIP tour and you donā€™t wait 10 hours for it.

1 Like

Sighā€¦ I am not going to do it. How expensive could that be?

A mere $370+ on top of your ticket price I believeā€¦ :wink: Nothing right? Only pp and all.

2 Likes

Probably a rhetorical question, but for the record itā€™s $3100

2 Likes

is that for the private one? Iā€™ve never done that one but I have done the group one for HHN and it was WORTH it. Not just EP but skipping the line plus food and EPā€™s at the end.

1 Like

Yeahā€¦ hereā€™s TPGā€™s article about it

What Really Happens on a $3,000 Universal Studios Private VIP Tour - The Points Guy.

1 Like

Does the private one include ticketsā€¦if so itā€™s the same price as the public one for a family of four:

1 Like

Iā€™m seriously just gonna hope itā€™s soft open for the Orlando Informer Meet up. We get there at 4pm and I will get in the line then if itā€™s open then but not for the official meet up.

1 Like

Noā€¦ Itā€™s separate. :cry: The same as Disney

1 Like

I just canā€™t justify it yet. Not rich enough. Sigh.

Also that manā€™s take on doing some of the same stuff as the Make A Wish kids was interesting and I agree with him.

Well, he tells people he is a 'homeschooled wizard, so, no house color". .

Our Universal trip starts June 13. I was afraid this would open around the time of our trip due to possibly crazy crowds! Maybe the majority of the crowds will be in line for Velocicoaster freeing up other areas? (Iā€™m trying to convince myself the crowds wonā€™t be horrendousā€¦:sweat_smile:) If I could tolerate inversions at this stage in my life Iā€™d be more excited!

2 Likes

Thinking about this. It probably wonā€™t be any worse this summer after it opens than it would have been without the coaster. I think it will be a summer of 9-10 anyway. There is a huge built-up demand. Up to now, everyone has had a year of not doing much of anything. We went to Universal once in August and we live in Texas which is much less locked down than most places. Even we are going stir-crazy.

Beginning late summer this year, things are looking very busy. I expect that will continue for quite a while as folks take the trips they had to cancel for the last year or more.

1 Like