Jurassic World VelociCoaster Opening Summer 2021

The VQs make the midways and other areas more crowded as well. In the first week of October on a non-capacity day it felt pretty crowded walking around US.

1 Like

Wow, “those under 18 must be registered and accompanied by their legal guardian who is 18 or older and also a registered passholder”? So a 17yo couldn’t attend by themselves? Why?

Since it’s a pre-open event maybe they’re going to take pictures or video?

1 Like

Standard legalese

1 Like

Looks like Universal has finally come up with a decent way to navigate lockers! The lockers at Velocicoaster are double sided. You put your stuff in as you get on the ride and open the opposite end as you exit to retrieve your stuff!

10 Likes

That is brilliant! But also I’m guessing they have a good way to remember which locker is yours? I think many people (like me) use their spatial awareness to remember which locker is theirs, moreso than the number.

4 Likes

Probably the bit giant numbers labeling the bank of lockers? :smiley:

You never really had to remember your specific locker anyhow. Just the bank. It would then pop open your specific locker.

2 Likes

And if you get the wrong bank it will let you know where you should scan your ticket for the correct one.

3 Likes

Ah that is helpful. I’ve never had to use the lockers at Universal since we’ve always done rider switch.

I made a bit of a mistake a few years ago using the locks for Hulk. We dutifully put all of our belongs into a locker, then got in line. After the ride, we came back…only to realize that when I put my wallet into the locker, that included the ticket I needed to OPEN the locker. :thinking: :flushed: :confounded:

8 Likes

We had 3 bags, so I would keep 3 of the 4 of our tickets in my pocket because I was the only one putting in lockers and then retrieving.

When we rode Mummy 2 times in a row (very short wait), we were charged for leaving them in too long. :confused:

1 Like

Yeah I’m sure many people do that. UOR makes you really be organized and to think ahead!

1 Like

Lanyards help with this for your tickets! You can keep them on for any ride, just need to tuck into your shirt for Hulk, RRR, Hagrid etc.

3 Likes

That works too. We had laminated tickets and I kept in my cargo shorts pocket.

2 Likes

When I rode RRR in October I had to put everything in the locker and didn’t have a copy of my ticket other than my phone. The attendant just asked me which locker, opened it for me and then asked me to open my phone (fingerprint) to prove it was my stuff.

7 Likes

We had to do something similar after we lost our TapuTapus at volcano bay.

Thank you for answering my unspoken question - “what do they do when this happens?!”

3 Likes

One time I left my water bottle in a locker at Hagrid’s. It was near the end of the day. The attendant asked me to describe the water bottle and the locker it was in. She opened the locker for me and I grabbed the water bottle showing it matched the description.

2 Likes

yes, I think I also described my bag and opened my phone to show proof. We had trouble with a locker opening at UOR just earlier this month, and they asked me what color was my bag. I said, “Hufflepuff.”

They allowed that answer! :grin:

8 Likes

I wonder how far before boarding this is. 40 lockers per bank, at least 10 banks, that’s alot.

1 Like