Jul Ryn and Mel Vett cruise the universe on the Halcyon!

Julianne is the slide pro!

6 Likes

My breakfast…

21 Likes

We were so excited! I had spoken with DD23’s boss who has done the SC three times. He advised arriving no later than 12:15 for 1:00 embarkation. But we’re Liners and arrived at 11:30. RD’ing space!

22 Likes

Lol, I stayed at WL on Saturday. So close.

6 Likes

Disney provides a taxi voucher to the SC. The WL valet secured a cab for us.

9 Likes

I can’t wait to hear all about your cruise!

7 Likes

Arrival at the StarCruiser!!!

It was so exciting although very backstage.

We pulled up, went through the a security gate and were dropped off at the front.

After checking in we were given some frozen grapes and a bottle of water. They took our luggage, tagged it and we were off to take our photo.

We had arrived!!!

We we’re grateful that there were only maybe 10-15 people in front of us and we’d be waiting in the shade. Very soon after though they began moving us in. The bags we were carrying were searched and we went through security to a long hallway.

Shortly after that, we were moved in further to an orientation room which those around us who had been there previously said was atypical. We think Disney wanted as many people as possible to be cool.

27 Likes

Even after so kindly letting us ramble on about it all day ?!! :joy:

6 Likes

I just want to share some notes I made as we arrived. Yes, this is how we started!! :joy:

11:37 and we are checked in and about to enter the StarCruiser!! .

It’s 12:07 and I’ve already ruined Melissa’s voyage . I accidentally hit a selection on her data pad to indicate that she might be open to the scoundrel path. She really wanted to choose the resistance path and I was trying to show her the force option and I accidentally clicked on something.

23 Likes

As we waited in the room until the 1:00 entry time we got to know some of our fellow passengers as well as our passenger service staff. We also were told to switch to the SC WiFi and begin looking at our data pads aka the Play Disney app. And then it happened…

19 Likes

Sabotage!!!

19 Likes

It was also in the orientation room that I noticed Winnie the Leia had lost their hair buns! I walked over to the hallway that was full of people waiting, got their attention, and made a general announcement. I mean, that’s not embarrassing, right? Luckily a little boy held up the buns and they were returned to Winnie the Leia. They were no longer allowed out of my bag, however!

24 Likes

I asked the passenger service member if she could undo it and she said no :scream:. All I could do was make better choices in the future but she did assure me that it would be okay, not that I believed her…

I was also called a six year old by a fellow passenger :grimacing:

17 Likes

One of our favorite passenger service members, Megan.

Our ship as shown on the welcome video

22 Likes

Thank you to @Jeff_AZ who helped us with our character backstory!

I became Mel Vett, an aide worker from Pasanna. Sadly @Jeff_AZ knows more about Star Wars than even your average SC cast member and I got a lot of blank stares.

Abby wanted remain just Abby. She was from Corellia. She was telling everyone that her husband was a storm trooper :scream:. Do they even marry?!! I don’t know and she didn’t care. Her actual husband is currently deployed with the Army National Guard which is why she wanted this storyline for herself.

28 Likes

And I became Jul Ryn from Lothal. I met a few CM’s also from Lothal. I told a few folks I was a loth-cat lady from Lothal. Which, you know, that tracks. :joy:

28 Likes

That definitely tracks.

10 Likes

This is so perfect!

You know what? I like it! :joy: I’m sure some of the stormtroopers were married. I’m actually reading a book right now that has some main characters who are part of the Imperial Navy and they are portrayed sympathetically.

14 Likes

After watching video we were loaded onto our transport vehicle!

26 Likes

Welcome to the Halcyon!!

This was the atrium.

30 Likes