Jul Ryn and Mel Vett cruise the universe on the Halcyon!

Let’s go on the Star Cruiser!!

The plan had always been to travel on the Galactic StarCruiser but we thought we had time. Nope. Disney had other plans so when they announced the closing, panic set it! Thankfully @FOMOm_VA, after waiting a long time on hold, secured us a spot on the August 9th cruise! We are so grateful, thank you Deb :heart:

Our travel party consisted of myself, @Julianne_fki and my daughter Abby who was more than happy to go since mom was paying :joy:.

Stay tuned for arrival day fun and then our adventure on the Halcyon!!

40 Likes

Woot woot! Can’t wait to read all about it!

8 Likes

awesome! have the best time!

7 Likes

Yasssss I can’t wait!!!

8 Likes

Arrival Day

There was no way we were risking arriving the morning of the SC. Abby and I flew in mid day Tuesday. I snagged one night on DVC points for Boulder Ridge for the three of us. It was my and Abby’s first time staying there.

Abby recently acquired an Nuimo. She gave me one for my birthday which had been on Monday. It’s good to get toys when you celebrate the big 50 to remind you that it’s just a number!

We enjoyed our drinks and small snack at Geyser Point.

38 Likes

Happy belated birthday @JustKeepSmiling
:yellow_heart::partying_face::yellow_heart::birthday::yellow_heart::balloon::yellow_heart::champagne::yellow_heart::clinking_glasses::yellow_heart:

Have a great trip!!

11 Likes

Thank you! I’m old :scream:

We had a great trip. This is the post trip summary.

15 Likes

You are not old!

11 Likes

I thought you were still there :face_with_monocle:
Well I’m looking forward to hearing all about your trip… :laughing:

And you are NOT old :roll_eyes::yellow_heart:

10 Likes

I love the Chip and Dale theming in those BRV rooms! :star_struck: I want to stay there someday.

12 Likes

Never let it be said that I will not succumb to peer pressure!

35 Likes

I one-upped @JustKeepSmiling and took the Monday night red-eye! It was touch and go but I did end up on the plane.

A friend picked me up from the airport for breakfast at Kona Cafe. And this is the moment the over-eating started!

We dropped my stuff at WL, I changed into shorts, and we headed to AK. It was so hot but I think today was hotter.

More food.

34 Likes

We met up with @Julianne_fki and her friend WL and then were on our way to dinner.

32 Likes

Thank you. Yes, I know but 50 is messing with my brain!!

14 Likes

Staying there has been on Abby’s bucket list so I’m glad it worked out. The theming is adorable! I slept on that little bed and was perfectly comfortable.

The AC was not keeping up with the heat though. It was set to 65 degrees but the room temperature was 74 degrees, entirely too hot for me to be able to sleep well. Thankfully Disney provided two box fans that helped.

19 Likes

Wait you paid for the room and you didn’t make Abby sleep on the little bed?!

:rofl:

15 Likes

I told you! Super nice!!

12 Likes

Abby’s DCP friend now works FT for Disney in their social responsibility department. Her job sounds amazing and Disney does awesome things that don’t get the press the latest popcorn bucket gets. We were hoping she’d make it for dinner but duty called. She did get off in time to meet up with us and get Abby into MK with her companion ticket.

After Abby peer pressured Julianne into getting her little friend and she got her all set up.

The girls are all about the Nuimo pictures

34 Likes

She let me have the good bed!

12 Likes

Omg I will have some ohana now please

11 Likes