I've Got a Really Good Feeling About This! A Weekend Getaway Trip Report

drink water… something room temp

1 Like

Peter Pan with a 21 minute (25 min posted) wait next while my motion sickness settled. Now we are waiting for Snow White.

14 Likes

Loved the changes to Snow White!

Spotted an Anna / Elsa cavalcade while waiting for Its a Small World (5 min posted/actual). I love how they added Disney characters several years ago. I didn’t catch all of them.

14 Likes

Question: what did DD2 have for lunch?

(Hint: if you can answer this you’re doing this couples trip thing wrong!!)

7 Likes

I honestly have no idea! :+1:

:wink::rofl:

6 Likes

Now we’re having a super early dinner at Cafe Orleans. Nice time to be sitting in the shade resting our feet after rushing around the park this morning! We’ve gotten so much done today.

12 Likes

16 Likes

Dinner was delicious. DW got the Monte Cristo with garlic fries and a Cajun remoulade dip. I got the bourbon chicken with jasmine rice, Brussels sprouts and carrots. I had most of her fries and she had most of my rice. She also had a gooseberry that came as a garnish. We recently watched Snow White and she makes a gooseberry pie for the dwarves, so it was nice to see what they look like. She said it tasted like a citrusy strawberry.

15 Likes

Pirates with a 6 min actual (15 min posted) wait. I love the DL version! The drops are just thrilling enough to be fun without being too scary for most kids. Also it seems to take its time more than WDW version.

I suck at low light photos so you can guess what these blurs are. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

10 Likes

Ok you guys are the fricken cutest.

5 Likes

Turn off the night vision when you’re on rides or moving and taking low light pics. Abe the night vision setting for when you are taking still shots.

5 Likes

Took a cruise on the Nile (etc.) - 16 min actual vs 25 min posted. Then we snagged a Dole Whip. We were going to wait in a fairly long line at Tropical Hideaway, but instead used mobile order at Tiki Juice Bar - no wait whatsoever! We enjoyed the whips while we waited for the Enchanted Tiki Room.

13 Likes

You guys, I witnessed a wardrobe malfunction in the queue for Pirates!

I was just sitting in the boat, waiting to get to the unloading dock, and I looked over and saw a woman trying to put on her face mask. She was wearing a shirt that showed her midriff (is that a real word? It sounds funny.)

Anyway, as she was reaching up and stretching out her arms to get the loops around her ears, she had a nip slip! :flushed:

Now, I’m no prude, but there were children around and this woman wasn’t even trying, to be honest. I almost think she was hoping it would happen. And after all Disney has done to make Pirates more family friendly and less sexualized. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

14 Likes

Anyway, Enchanted Tiki Room is lovely. Nice way to slow down after a fast-paced day of touring.

Now we’re in line for Storybookland Canal Boats.

12 Likes

14 Likes

Storybookland was a 15 min actual / posted wait. I love this ride! It’s beautiful during golden hour. It’s very quaint, but there’s lots of detail to soak in on repeat rides.

15 Likes

We rode Alice (21 actual / 25 posted) and Mad Tea Party (5 actual / posted), then I braved Star Tours (walk-on), which gives me motion sickness, but I wanted to do it at least once this trip. It was the first time I remember seeing scenes from Rise of Skywalker.

11 Likes

Ok… I snort laughed at this.

2 Likes

Buzz was an 11 minute actual / 5 posted wait. It’s not my favorite ride cause it’s so hard to aim these guns. And I prefer not to cheat by looking up the high value targets. But it’s kinda fun.

10 Likes

I also love Storybook to wind down. Great pictures!

3 Likes