Its finally here!

Great photos. Now I’m tempted to add this to our list of places to eat!

1 Like

We used to do this all the time for people that couldn’t come on a trip. We called them Flats and they would typically be a full body image (not at full size obv). So we would have Flat Linda and Flat Kevin in all the pictures. Just like as if they were actually there. :wink:

1 Like

I brought Flat Family in 2018 when I was there for marathon weekend. It was fun

2 Likes

What shoes are you wearing, they look super comfy! I know your daughter’s are Crocs, are yours as well?

He doesn’t come on water rides!

2 Likes

He’s way too pretty to get mussed up.

1 Like

They are crocs as well. A Mary Jane style- you can get them on their website!

He HAS been on splash mountain once or twice, but I couldn’t find the photos :joy:

1 Like

For the most part everyone is great. Just steer clear of the mask downers! I will say we were loading onto a TOT elevator and someone had their mask below their nose and I quietly asked a cast member to deal with it, and he did. So that’s good.

2 Likes

Day 4… Magic Kingdom (“finally”, as DD6would say!)
Since we had a late night last night, I decided to skip the rope drop crowd and head over to Magic Kingdom a little later in the morning. So we got up had some breakfast from the food court showered and took our time getting down to the bus. We probably left our room about 10 and there was a bus there completely empty when we exited the hotel. Between the ride and security which was empty, We probably tapped into the park at about 1030. I gave Dee D6 her pick of what to do first, And she decided to ride her favorite, “it’s a small World”. Before we headed over to fantasyland we stopped at the Emporium and she got a new Tiana doll to add to her collection,And we got a few photo pass shots. This was the first time I’ve seen the new castle and I LOVE IT!! I know it’s not some people’s cup of tea, but I think it looks so regal!

So, off to IASM we went, the line was short and moved fast (appx 10 minutes). DD was happy to ride her favorite, and honestly how can you not come out of that singing?

(hey kids, look it’s Big Ben!)

Next was Peter Pan, which posted 25 minute wait and it’s was only about 5-10 tops.
SDMT was temporarily closed for a little while (I’m assuming for cleaning) so we headed down over by HM, had a quick snack, then got in line for that. It was probably 20 minutes before getting on. DD6 is always afraid of this ride, and then at the end days “it’s not that bad”- Lol. But she was holding on to me for dear life As you can see in the picture…lol
I’m not sure if people have reported that at certain rides you’re getting little extra Pictures posted on your MDE . They’re fun!
After haunted mansion do you DD6 wanted to do a roller coaster, But she’s not a big mine train fan and it was still down so she wanted to go back to fantasyland and do the barnstormer. There was no wait so we rode it twice. We were going to go on Dumbo next however we were both really hot. Today we really struggled in the heat. It was probably the first day where there wasn’t a lot of cloud cover and the heat index was 104°. So we hopped over to the relaxation station at Pete’s silly side show. This is a hidden gem. Not a lot of people go down to the storybook Circus area so it was practically empty. We sat in there for probably a half an hour had a snack and just relaxed. Then we went over and road on voyage of the Little mermaid and then headed and got some flatbreads at Pinocchio Village Haus. What do I do after Pinocchio Village Haus.
After that we headed over to splash Mountain since it was about a 25 minute wait. On the way we were able to catch the princess calvacade. I’m really enjoying these!

Right before the unload zone on SM,The ride broke down for about 10 minutes. Once it started up again as we were ready to unload our unload bar did not unlock. We were stuck! It took three cast members with their unlocking axle to get us Undone. We missed out splash picture so I’m hoping it will show up eventually on MDE. Next we headed over to thunder Mountain which also had a 25 minute wait. This is the worst Q of them all. It’s just hot. The ride moved but that place just has no air. After riding big thunder, DD was complaint about the heat. We got some water, put on the cooling towel and went to country bear jamboree. Then we went to our reservation at LTT. I couldn’t believe how much food we were given for just the two of us! My daughter is a super picky eater and basically only ate some of the macaroni and cheese and bread. So I was left with the giant platter of food to eat! A little note, it seemed the macaroni and cheese was different. I don’t remember it actually being penne, I always thought it was elbows. It just looked different. Miss picky eater had some, but didn’t seem as enthusiastic about it as per usual. The dessert is still to die for though!

After dinner we headed over to Adventureland to do jungle Cruise, Pirates of the Caribbean, and magic carpets. The wait times were inflated, most of these were walk on’s. We got a few more shots than Rode thunder mountain once more, and decided that was it for today.

Now that I think about it it seems like we didn’t do very much. We missed a lot of rides, didn’t even make it to tomorrowland, and missed a few of our favorite shows-But we had a full day and just try to take it easy. We have another full day on Thursday of Magic Kingdom and then a half day on Saturday so I’m sure we will get it all done. I really need to figure out working my eating schedule with my land schedule because I was never in Adventureland when I was hungry and therefore did not get my Dole Whip. This is my next goal for Thursday!!!

Tomorrow back to Epcot- My list includes frozen Ever after, soarin, Figment, the three Caballeros, and getting caramel popcorn from Germany. Wish me luck!

17 Likes

Parliament!

3 Likes

Your pictures of the princesses makes me want to comment on something I noticed while we were there.

What’s up with the robotic hand-waving from ALL the princesses? They wave like no one actually would ever in real life. It is creepy, frankly, and seemed so unnatural. Why can’t they wave like they are actually interacting with people and happy to see them rather than like they are Stepford wives or something?

Oh, yeah. This is a good point. I didn’t think to mention it before myself…but they seem like they could be a nice addition when we put together our vacation photobooks.

2 Likes

The Palace of Westminster. Or the Elizabeth Tower.

1 Like

Gorgeous pics again! You were really stuck on Splash!! I agree about the BTM line, it’s horrible to wait in, it’s always too hot and no air.

Strange. I found the line for BTM to be completely tolerable, despite the near 100 degree temperatures. I’m trying to recall if they had fans running or something that made it feel cooler. I also find it interesting to look at.

Good question. Now I’m always going to stare and ponder this

Oh no. We’ve always fast passed it in the past- I’d never wait in that line. At least now you’re 6 feet away from the sweaty smelly people next to you

Ask Princess Diana

Or, since you can’t because of her deceased state, try asking Duchess of York

Princess Diana waved like a real person, and in fact, often looked like she was waving to specific people.

The princesses (at least the ones I saw on this trip) just looked…creepily robotic!

It actually makes me wonder if the frequency of having to do the calvacades has made the actresses playing parts kind of go on auto-pilot.

Ok.

I disagree entirely.

We don’t have to agree on everything. Or even anything.

Byeeeeeeee!

3 Likes