Its finally here!

I went and looked up an archive of videos of Diana waving to be sure. Her waves always looked normal. (you can’t go by stills).

:slight_smile:

I even watched the Queen herself. Definitely more real than the princesses in the calvacades I saw!

OK I’m going to say it (but I don’t mean it at all, just hoping the dead horse can be left to RIP)

Hey, Ryan you’re right!

:wink:

3 Likes

Thanks. I took a screen shot to memorialize this moment…editing out your denial of sincerity of course!

Our exchange was a reference to National Lampoon’s European Vacation. Which I’m sure is a painfully accurate representation of American tourists from a Brit’s perspective! :joy:

3 Likes

My favorite moment in that movie was when they got stuck on the roundabout for an entire day. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That’s the part!

I see! Never watched any of those films.

1 Like

Phew glad someone got the reference! It’s actually a joke me and my cousins always laugh at. Every time we’re here we take a pic and send it…

1 Like

Day 5
Another Epcot day. Had a later morning and started off looking for a few of the Remy scavenger hunt statues and the world showcase. Also watched Canada far and Wide. I’ve never seen the old one but this one is good. Grabbed a Dole whip (finally!) then headed over to Mexico for the Three Caballeros. No line.

Next we headed to Norway and did FEA. They stopped to clean but that only held us up about 10 minutes. Got some fun shots along the way.

Next I was a bit hungry so I tried the “impossible” slider and the chocolate pudding terrarium at the Earth eats kiosk. Honestly if I had someone cooking for me I could become a vegan. Both were quite yummy (sorry no pics)

Then we headed to do figment, soarin and Nemo. By then DD and I were melting so we headed back to the hotel to swim. I’m finding these breaks to be lifesavers…

We had reservations at Rose and Crown for dinner and both got fish and chips. It was huge!! We could have easily split the adult size. The fish was very tasty.

Chatted with a nice older couple from Illinois who are DVC members.

We finished the world showcase (got some ice cream macarons from France) and completed the scavenger hunt! We had to ask for some hints from cast members… Italy would have been impossible to find! I stopped to get caramel popcorn to bring home from Germany for me and my sister, then we headed over to ride test track. That’s how we ended the night.
Epcot was dead today. I really do feel for all the workers, because they really put on a happy face but I don’t see how they can keep their jobs with such a small amount of people showing up. I think Disney needs to figure out how to get more people into that park on weekdays. (It was more crowded when we were there Saturday) hopefully the “after 4” ticket for locals will help. But I will say I got to notice a lot more details around the park today. I’ve had a lot of “I’ve never seen that before” moments, which is cool. I really got to stop and smell the proverbial roses. A few ransoms:

Anyways, back to Magic Kingdom tomorrow! Goal: to get DD6 to ride Space Mountain (my all time favorite) wish me luck!

20 Likes

Oops! Sorry if there were some duplicate photos… I’m typing this on my phone in the dark

Photographer; “Would you like me to shoot a picture of you with Pooh bear?”
Guest to photographer; “does a bear shoot in the woods?!”

9 Likes

Sounds like a really fun day!

8 Likes

Day 6. Magic Kingdom part 2!

We headed to the busses a little bit after 9 am and hopped right on. After a rather long wait for a pastry at the Main Street Starbucks we caught a morning calvalcade

We started the day in tomorrow land with Buzz (DDs head is never in the shot

And then moved on to COP for some terrible singing on my part…
Next I finally convinced DD6 it was time to ride Space Mountain. As we were in line they were cleaning the Alpha track so we were sent to the Omega side. There was a slight delay but total of maybe 15 minutes in line. DD6 LOVED IT!!
And I never remember the first ride where the camera is :joy:
After we hit the Astro orbiter or the giant centrifuge as I like to call it. I hate that thing but she’s never rode it so we took advantage of it. I said a sad prayer for the People Mover in hopes that by my next trip it would be open, and then headed to the speedway. I caught a glimpse of what driving with a teenager will be like in the future … hahah.

Next we heads to SDMT (20 minutes in line) and then over to Pooh.

I changed our GFC reservation to lunch from dinner so hit the monorail and had some food. I ordered the Apple salad and avocado toast and then cheesecake. It was all delicious. My kind of lunch for sure

Also took some pics while waiting “mom let’s do one with our eyes closed”

We headed back to MK and DD asked to do space mountains again. It was walk on so we rode twice!

I’ve decided I like omega better because it was darker.

We did small world then hit up Haunted Mansion just in time for a huge rainstorm to hit. By the time we were done with the ride so was the rain. Grabbed a snack in Liberty Market and caught the rainy day calvalcade

Then we headed to splash mountain and caught another one

Unfortunately BTMR was down all day so we didn’t get to ride that. DD asked to ride SM a 4th time so we did that again and then headed back to the hotel to swim and eat dinner. Another full day of fun. The best thing from today (Besides all the SM) was the little details I saw around the park which I never get to see. I got some great pics!

Tomorrow is our last full day and we are headed back to HS. My plan is to do some stuff in the morning (no ROTR), head back to swim and then eat dinner at the park and do a few rides before closing.
I really don’t want to go back to reality… it seems a lot has happened in the world this week :frowning:

23 Likes

:sparkling_heart: your details pix!

Love the pictures! Have fun!

Great photos, and love seeing just the two of you have such a great time!! Will be fantastic memories!!

What a wonderful day! I’m glad DD enjoyed Space so much. Your pics are always fantastic!

Love your report! Such a fun time. Enjoy your last day!

Great photos! I’m trying to pin down where the key is, though.

And well done with the photo of Cinderella’s fountain. An very-often missed detail. :heart_eyes: