It's beginning to feel a lot like...summer?

I get it. Those temps seem lovely to me but I live here and when we drop below 90 it’s fantastic! But coming from somewhere cold it will seem very warm to you.

5 Likes

Our threshold is about 82 but yes, summer days below 90 are rare!

2 Likes

I for one am looking forward to the high 70s/low 80s temps towards the end of this week. Nice change from Boston.

3 Likes

Hear, hear.

1 Like

I am a cold weather person, so I agree with the OP! That being said how is the humidity going to be next week? I don’t like 80 degree weather, but 80 with humidity will feel like 100 to this Alaskan born person! Just wondering if I need to unpack the jeans and sign the shorts.out of storage.

1 Like

I’ve gone to Orlando that week a few times… temps have been anywhere from 65-75 (2008) to the high 70s/low 80s last year. I’ve never had it be that chilly that week, though it barely hit 70 last weekend when we were there, and one year right around Christmas it was in the low 60s all week. In 2017 this week it was in the target temps you’re looking for.

In other words, weather’s tricky this time of year, man. :rofl:

3 Likes

I saw Back to the Future Part II, and I was promised a weather service that could control the weather perfectly! (Unfortunately, Marty had to go and mess up the space time continuum, and so we’re left with…nothing! :wink: )

4 Likes

Weather seems to be going in the wrong direction. Now there are several days in the 80s, including one at 85! Plus, only one day is predicting rain. And of course it is the day if MVMCP! (Hopefully that changes, since it is more than a week out.)

My wife literally ordered some new short sleeve shirts from Amazon (coming today) for me so that I have a Christmassy wardrobe that works with this weather.

3 Likes

It’s going to be warm here during those dates, per the extended forecast

No snow in the forecast whatsoever through mid-december which is sadness

1 Like

Yeah… we went in the weekend of the 12th last year and it was hot like that 2 or 3 of the days. Definitely shorts and tee/tank tops.

Edit: I just read that this third La Nina year is likely to cause a very warm winter for the southeast, so there may not have been any better time to go, really.

Oh I hope so!

Said QwertySC, never.

I’m sorry DW had to spend more money on shirts @ryan1 You’ll just have to go again another year to use the cold weather ones.

2 Likes

Meanwhile we have had snow on the ground since November 7th. It won’t go away and more keeps falling. All my leaves are in various layers under the snow.
We are having a winter storm today, school was even cancelled which is super rare here. Tim used the snowblower this morning and said we had about 5.5 inches, it hasn’t stopped snowing since. Might get as much as 12 but I certainly hope not. 12 inches is too much. :wink:

5 Likes

This is my favorite kind of winter.

We had a winter like that when I was in nursing school Must have been 2002? It snowed every single day but it was the lovely kind of snow that didn’t really pile up and didn’t cause treacherous roads, but was so pretty.

It was a lovely lovely year. Please send it this way, won’t you? I’m a bit of a grinch and that might help me out.

5 Likes

I would love to send it to you! It is not welcome here. :rofl:

4 Likes

@ryan1 You just need to schedule your Christmas Disney visit on the left coast. We are looking at highs in the low 60’s next week for our DLR trip. :cold_face: That’s too cold for comfortable Disney-ing!

2 Likes

Um, no it’s not! It’s going to be lovely! 30-50 degrees warmer than where I live these days, I cannot wait to escape this stupid snowmageddon place.
Also, the highs are predicted 68-70 right now. That is perfect, much warmer and it would feel like summer there. :rofl:

3 Likes

That would be perfect. Trouble is…it is a four day drive just to get there! Maybe next time. :grin:

2 Likes

I don’t think Ryan likes the left coast

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

There are these brand new things called airplanes right now that are all the rage in travel. I know it is hard to believe, but you get on one and it takes you where you want to go super fast. And for much less hassle than driving over multiple days. You should try it out! :rofl:

(Needing to borrow @OBNurseNH’s snarkfish but not sure which one it is. :blowfish: This one, maybe?)

6 Likes

That’s the one

Permission granted

3 Likes