It's beginning to feel a lot like...summer?

We’ve been paying attention to the forecast for Orlando during our trip. What’s the deal? We were hoping for moderate temperatures where we would wear long sleeves comfortably. We even have matching Christmas themed sweatshirts to wear to MVMCP. But temperatures so far are saying mid to upper 70s!

I am pretty sure we special ordered milder weather than this. Back in 2020, the weather was perfect (and downright chilly at times).

Who do I complain to about this? Is it Iger, now that Chapek is gone? :wink:

We are now having to rethink our entire wardrobe for this trip. One glimmer of hope is that the last day TWC goes out in their 10 day forecast, the high is 72. That’s what I am talking about. Just a few more degrees downward, please!

6 Likes

Which is frickin delightful

7 Likes

I hear you. But just…not for Christmastime! We had planned on long sleeve weather. :roll_eyes:

(Granted, mid to upper 70s is way better than the over 100s we saw in our August trip!)

2 Likes

When the sun goes down it will be cooler. Sweatshirt in the morning and the sweatshirt at night. I love those temps for shorts and a sweatshirt or long sleeve shirt.

2 Likes

Hopefully so…although lows are staying in the 60s, unlike in our 2020 trip, when it was dropping into the 50s.

You just can’t please some people!

Kidding. Kind of. Jealous that you get to go soon :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Maybe it’ll change. It’ll for sure feel cool enough to wear your sweatshirts once the sun sets. I was freaking freezing this week with highs in the 60s. But I’m not a snowbird so it doesn’t take much for me to be cold.

I do realize I’m complaining at the highest level of first-world problems. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

This does make a difference. It has been in the 20s here for the last several days. So, like, the 50s we start thinking about shorts again! :wink:

1 Like

I’m just giving you a hard time!! :rofl:

:joy: oh heck no. When temps get into the 20s here I shut down and refuse to do anything. Just give me a book, a fire and a couch.

3 Likes

Shorts and the sweatshirts sounds like the perfect answer.

1 Like

I am having the same issue! I didn’t plan on packing shorts, but now I feel like I need to. I know that FL temps feel more extreme bc of the humidity too so hot feels hotter and cool will feel colder.

1 Like

Just make sure you all get the weather sorted out properly so it’s how it’s supposed to be in late January :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I know I’ve only lived here for just over 3 years but seems pretty normal to me for this time of year.

It’s why there is a license plate that reads Endless Summer!

4 Likes

Dude. AVERAGE high temps in Orlando for early December is 75 degrees. Moving to 73 by mid month.

Did you really expect to wear sweatshirts all day. :laughing:

5 Likes

Exactly!!!

1 Like

We were expecting it to be more like it was in 2020:

Only one day hit 75, and some days didn’t make it over 70. So, we planned our wardrobe this year accordingly! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ha I know. Gotta trust the long term averages though. :wink:

1 Like

I’m hoping for mid 70s. Long pants and short sleeves. I will always accept hotter temps. I’m never prepared for colder.

3 Likes