It's alive! New automatic fax for Disney room requests

Okay, my first ever post…

I’d like to request a partial Savannah room at the AKL this August, I’m not particularly bothered about the other criteria mentioned on TP, but I can’t find any on the system with the partial view! Am I being completely thick? Any ideas what I should be asking for? I know all requests are not met but I’d like to at least try.

Many Thanks

Of course !!! Why didn’t I think of that? Many thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Meaning you have a standard room booked but want one with the partial view? Just use the room finder and put in standard view and then whichever bed configuration, then look at the pics.

I think @PrincipalTinker may know?

1 Like

Thank You

1 Like

Yes! I sent a PM!

1 Like

So would you all recommend just putting in the requirements, or putting in a bunch of room #'s that would work along with the requirements? For context, we’re staying at the Beach Club.

Should we list just our requirements, like:

Our requests in order of priority are:
1.An upper floor (e.g. 3, 4, 5 - higher is better) with a view of crescent lake - please do not give us a room overlooking Stormalong Bay or the quiet pool because of noise (we have an infant who needs to nap in the afternoon)
2. Full balcony (not Juliette Balcony or 1st-floor porch)
3. Close to lobby - but will take a room further away if it means full balcony.

Or the above, and then add:

3505,3503,3507, are our first choices.
If not available, 641,4643,4645,4647,3641,3643,3645,3647
3609, 3611, 3613, 3615,3617,3619,3621 or similar.

Is the listing of room #'s overkill? Should we just list our priorities? The first requirement is pretty important to us…

You could put a number range in the subject and use the box for more information to explain WHY you are requesting that type of room. If you just put numbers in, the assigner has no clue why, and if those rooms are not available, the assigner will just put you anywhere.

1 Like

I will also add, it is best to keep the request positive and not use “not” or “no” because it’s too easy for the assigner to overlook that in all the work they’re doing.

I’d stick with the first text but as such:

Our requests in order of priority are:
1.An upper floor (e.g. 3, 4, 5 - higher is better) with a view of crescent lake.
2. Full balcony

Yes, I’d leave number 3 off because it has the potential to add in confusion and I can’t think of how to phrase it.

Just one more success story with the room finder.

Requested 4313 for my recent race week trip (though WHY did I ask for third floor? silly me) but placed building 4 as top priority. Received room 4226 which was lower and right on the corner by Sassagoula Floatworks - which was really good for accessing both the “regular” WDW buses and the race buses.

6 Likes

Another win for the TP Fax!

My room at Riverside wasn’t ready until a little after 4:00 which was a bummer, however, I requested room 3416 and I actually got room 3417! Same exact specs except on the other side of the building which was even closer to the west depot(bus stop number 1 for Park buses!) Big time win! Thank you TP!

3 Likes

We used the TP room fax request for our end of February 2019 trip and it was successful! We had reserved a lagoon view room at the Grand Floridian so we chose a room in the Boca Chica building in the room finder and then added several other adjacent room numbers in the next line of the request. We also mentioned that we would like a standard balcony and a view of the Contemporary Resort across the lagoon (just in case all the listed rooms were unavailable so they would know what we had in mind). We got the room which we had listed first in the line of text.

We did do the online check-in, but did not make any requests through it. (It only offered a choice of upper or lower floors, but we left it blank.) Thank you very much for this fax service. It made our stay very special.

5 Likes

Hey there! Does anyone have any recommendations for making a room request for a AKL-Jambo Savanah room?

This is a celebration for a 50th birthday, and it’s kinda expensive, so this might be a one-and-done for us. Any tips or advice appreciated.

Please and Thank you!

1 Like

i’d mention the 50th birthday in the room request.

2 Likes

3 for 3 on my fax requests last week! CSR building 1, POFQ building 4 and the grand finale Poly room 3217. Aotearoa building.

6 Likes

Great! I love building 4 at POFQ.

Woo! Can you email that photo to hotel_photos@touringplans.com with the subject Poly 3217?

Me too! It was our second time staying there, you can’t beat the location.

1 Like

Just sent it!

Is there a point in doing a room fax when all we really need is early check in? It’s only one night so we really aren’t concerned with location that much. The only concern would be close to a bus stop. We are staying at Pop one night that we go to MNSSHP so we will be getting there early to nap in the room. This will be our first time at Pop. Guess I do a fax request asking for some things but saying that early check in is priority? Thanks!