It's alive! New automatic fax for Disney room requests

Nope, no need to do a fax. In fact, if you’re doing early check-in, they’ll try to put you in the first available room, regardless of any previous requests you’ve made.

1 Like

This worked out great for us!!! A huge thank you also to @PrincipalTinker (I shamelessly copied the room # suggestions for AKL) 10 minutes into our stay in a value studio there were 2 giraffes right outside the balcony!!!

2 Likes

Woo! Thanks @Sandyh. And thanks @PrincipalTinker!

2 Likes

Hello! I am a little unsure what to do … for Pop Century should I enter any “room location requests” on Disney’s official online check-in?

For example, if I plan to send a Touring Plans fax for a particular top floor, lake view room, should I also select the “top floor” and “lake view” options on Disney’s online check-in? Or should I leave the online room location request blank and rely solely on the fax?

You can do either. Just don’t contradict what you say in the fax.

2 Likes

I’m bumping this for more activity. I enjoy reading these. :wink:

1 Like

Pop Century room fax was successful for me. Received room just 3 doors down from the room I requested through TP.

We were at Pop this week and the TP fax worked perfectly; we got 4437 which is what we requested! We had also noted in the fax that our preferences were, in order, 4th floor, 1960s section, and away from the elevators. We did online check in and put highest floor and 1960s section there as well. The room was great, very quiet as we only had neighbors on one side and it was quick to the buses/food court. We also had a view of the lake and the skyliners.

4 Likes

I have one question maybe being answered already. We have multiple reservation/confirmation number for the trip in August. 1st 3days, we will stay at AKL, then move to WL. The configuration FAX part is common to all reservation to type in? Or can we create multiple FAX configuration profile?
Thanks!

For a split stay you’ll need to create two separate trips in your dashboard. Then for each hotel you will configure a fax. Each part of your stay will have separate reservation numbers.

Is this what you were asking?

1 Like

Thank you, I will try. I have 2 separate trips but somehow, each time I typed in one confirmation number in 1st trip, it is overwriting 2nd trip’s confirmation number. Newer entry is somehow overwriting as I only have one "profile"of fax configuration. I will recreate both trip by deleting current 2.

1 Like

Very successful result for us at Pop this week! I requested 5115 explaining that priority was first floor, view of lake. I said we were excited to come back for our third time but since our kids are now 19 and 16 we were hoping for some green space right outside so we could escape each other as needed. :slight_smile: The room I picked had a bench on the lakefront path nearby; the room they gave us was even better! We got 4159 which had a “lounge” area (was NOT a smoking area) with three benches and a gorgeous lake view. We were right near the bridge to AoA and able to choose which bus to take each night depending on the line. Awesome room and result from TP fax!

3 Likes

I’ve done some searching but apparently I can’t phrase my question the right way.

I’m doing a DVC request and going to have it put in via Member Services and the email the same way just to cover bases. But since DVC rooms are a bit spread out at AKL, was thinking I’d do order of preference: so I say that and then list the rooms (5100, 5402, whatever, just picking numbers).

Question is , is this valid? Is there a good way to phrase this?

You can use the Touring Plans room request for DVC. I did it for GFV and BLT a couple of weeks ago and both resorts referred to my requests.

Thanks. I know you can use the TP request for DVC and am doing so, but I’m doing the Member Services request also just to cover bases.

The question is more “Can I phrase my room request as just a list of specific rooms I’d prefer and, if so, how should I phrase it?”

Did you use the room finder? That tool gives you the exact wording. If you want delete any of it or add a note you can.

When I have called member services it has showed up in MDE as a general request like “upper floor”. Have you had a different experience?

Link to the TP directions- just in case. Please note it is now 30 days and by email

I apologize, I’m not being clear, what I get for trying to post from the phone!

I’ve done the room request before through TP, so I’m familiar with format. But, in certain situations, the “off the shelf” request doesn’t work. For example, I really want AKL-Jambo 5522, it’s a standard view class room due to a people pen view but it is really a partial savannah. If you want to request that room, the request is:

Jambo,Flr 5,SE-facing room.Exmple:5522,5520,5524,5518,5528,5512,5510,5508,5506

But all those other rooms listed are savannah view. So this request is a one-and-done: it’s this room or nothing. If you had a savannah view room class, this is great, because it gives them multiple rooms to try for. The “standard view” AKL-Jambo rooms are a bit scattershot.

So, what I want to do is have a room request that says something like “Order of preference: 5522, 5436, etc etc etc” where I list out like 8 rooms I’d like. I just want to know how I should phrase that? Will that language work or should I do something else? I’m thinking that since I’m in Jambo-DVC, I don’t have to have the “Jambo, Flr 5” in there because I have no other choice there, it’s repetitive. But I could be 100% wrong.

Personally, I would delete “example” and all other choices and add something like “I am hoping for a partial Savannah room and thank you for anything you can do to make this dream come true. Once again, thank you!”

1 Like

What she said!

I was successful in getting one of the Bay Lake (but actually MK, with a little bit of backwater) view at Bay Lake Tower by mentioning that I know that the lake view villas on the far end (I was more specific, using the directions it faced but I can’t remember what they are now) above the 6th floor have a partial view of MK and that we would LOVE to have an evening in with fireworks on the balcony.

1 Like

When did they start faxing requests a full month out? The request for a 9/17 trip was sent on 8/18.