It's alive! New automatic fax for Disney room requests

Your best bet is to pick a room with a directional view you like, leave the pre-populated line as-is, and then in the larger box put the other reservation number and say that your primary request is connecting rooms.

And leave it at that.

2 Likes

Glad this worked for you!

We had a recent stay at AKL’s Jambo house. Requested room 3519, and a few examples like it, and ended up getting the first room immediately off of the lobby with a “savannah view” that was really a view of Arusha rock. Needless to say, we were not happy.

It took a couple of escalations and a couple hours, but we ended up with a room we were very happy with. Which just goes to show…this is your vacation, don’t settle if you’re not happy with what you were given.

3 Likes

Another success for us. Requested 5259 at Pop and got 5258 which was part of text

3 Likes

Mine for my POFQ arrival on 9/7 was sent today! Fingers crossed!!

2 Likes

Got very close to room 3309 we requested. Requested 3rd or 1st floor at Fiji bldg at Polynesian got second floor 2306 at Fiji bldg.

6 Likes

And each morning I saw this to get my morning coffee

:heart_eyes:

11 Likes

Just returned from adults only trip. I’m happy to say that my room request was met at Pop Century. I made a general request and not one for a specific room. I also noted that it was our 5th stay there. I requested a room in Building 6 of the 70’s section, close to Classic Hall, on the first or second floor. I got room 6154. It was a lake facing room in Bld 6 that was close to Classic Hall. I’ve made this same general request the last two trips in April 2018 and October 2017 and it’s been met to my satisfaction each time. Room request fax was a success once again!! Thanks TP.

2 Likes

Just got my text! POFQ 7341!

My request was technically Building 2 per the pre-populated line, but my only specifications in my input text were 1st priority - Top Floor; 2nd priority - Corner Room.

So both of those were met! I will call it mostly a win!

6 Likes

So this is pretty late, but better late than never, right? For our trip last May, our room request fax did not get us anything like the room we wanted. We asked for a connecting room with my MIL in the Alligator Bayou section of POR. We noted that the connecting room was the most important thing to us. MIL did not send in her own request. We got a room in Magnolia Bend FAR from my MIL, who was placed in Alligator Bayou. It almost felt like the folks at Disney were doing their best to give us the opposite of what we asked for.

When we checked in and were given our room assignment, I explained what we had requested and asked if there was anything closer to our request available. The woman at the check in counter didn’t have any record of a fax or notes about a request (though perhaps that’s normal). I know that the fax went through, as we got the confirmation email from touring plans. The check in CM was wonderfully kind, going into the back office area to check on things a few times and see if she could get us something closer to what we wanted. We ended up in Magnolia Bend with my MIL a short-ish walk away in the same building. It wasn’t ideal as my kids don’t sleep well in the same bed, but at least we weren’t too far from MIL, and we really enjoyed POR. It was fun to be able to visit POFQ too, and they have such a great kiddie pool area at the FQ!

Am I crazy, or do some of the room request folks at Disney get annoyed at the faxes and give you something as far from your request as possible? If this is a real thing, does anyone have any suggestions about how to avoid it? I’m wondering if the way we presented our request or what we requested was particularly annoying or something, pushing the room assigners to retaliate by giving us exactly what we didn’t want.

(In case anyone is interested, here’s the gist of our request:

For our upcoming stay, we’d like to request this kind of room:
Bldg Alligator Bayou,Flr 2,SW-facing or NW-facing room.Exmple:1640,1639,1657,1658,1661,1662

Additional Special Requests:
We will be traveling with family. The confirmation number for the other party is XXXXXXXXXXXX; I’ve been told this is our “travel with” number. Our highest priority is to get connecting rooms (with a door allowing passage directly from one room to the other). If connecting rooms are not possible, we would like adjoining rooms (next to each other but no door connecting the rooms directly) if possible.

Our next priority is to get a room in the Alligator Bayou section.

Our third priority is to get a room not too far from the lobby.)

My first guess is that at least one half of all of the connecting rooms in AB were booked. Disney’s resorts typically run between 85-90% occupied, and PO is the most popular moderate. If you spoke to a CM and they still were not able to find you connecting rooms, that’s the most likely explanation.

That doesn’t explain not getting adjoining rooms. Were you at least close to the lobby?

I doubt that the room assigners “retaliate” against faxes. For one thing, this thread has plenty of examples of people getting the exact room they want. And in speaking with the room assigners, I know they see far worse every day than what we’re sending them.

2 Likes

I don’t recall whether the originally assigned rooms were close to the lobby. We ended up in the Magnolia bldg, and given the fact that we booked standard rooms that’s about as close as I think we could get without an upgrade.

We arrived at POR around 4 pm so I think they were really limited in the empty rooms they had available at that point. I guess that’s an argument for an early arrival :slight_smile:

Thanks for your reply and insight!

Oh, one more thing for next time: my room assigners say that putting one child on your MIL’s reservation may help with connecting rooms. (That is, put at least one adult and one child on each reservation for which you want connecting rooms.) I’m told those sometimes get prioritized.

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip!

Also, AB rooms will first go to parties of 5 because they have the extra bed.

I requested 3rd floor Rarotonga for our trip last week (9/2-9/9). We were given 2nd floor Rarotonga. At check in, I asked 'nothing on the 3rd floor with a balcony?" and they said no but they were meeting our building request. they said we could change buildings if we wanted to get a balcony. We decided location was more important as we really wouldn’t have any time for the balcony. We LOVED our building so very happy with what we were given.

1 Like

For our stay over Labor Day weekend at OKW we requested third floor of building 35. If that wasn’t available we requested upper floor in any building in Turtle Pond area.

We got 2nd floor of building 35, room 3520. I call that a win!

We were very pleasantly surprised at how much we LOVED OKW. We were concerned that the enormity would be overwhelming but it made it tranquil and gave us the feeling of really having our own space. We were a quick walk to the Turtle pool, across from the bus stop. And really, even at noon in summer, it was a walkable distance from Hospitality House.

7 Likes

Is there a way to view your previous room requests made through Touring Plans? I would like to duplicate what I requested in March 2018 (for Coronado Springs) for my upcoming trip in December?

Any advice is appreciated.

Have a magical day!!!

A

1 Like

For recent Food and Wine trip, I requested a specific room at the Yacht Club. I then added that if that room wasn’t available, we preferred, in order: King bed, close to elevators, nicer view, floor unimportant.

I did not get the exact room I asked for (its a long shot in any case and, arguably, was a different view than I paid for).

We DID get a king bed (there are not many in YC with a king bed), we were 5 rooms away from the ice and elevator, and had a pleasant enough standard view (front of the hotel, entryway, water, etc.). We were on the 4th floor, which is where the original room I requested was, which was nice (although floor was unimportant, given the wins on the first 3 items, I was happy to be on an upper floor).

So, I call it a successful room request. Thanks TP!!!

3 Likes

Quick question to see if anyone can help. I am about to set up my room request fax for AKL. My reservation lists the room type as Standard View - 1 BR Suite - Club Level Access. I’m confused looking at the room choices on the resort map for the site. Which room type should I be selecting to view those types of rooms?

Thanks for anyone that could clarify!

Are you looking here?

The drop down menu has the 1 bedroom club level as a choice. When you apply that the map will turn red in the areas you can look at. When you click on that it will show you a map with highlighted rooms. Click on that square for a view.

This will Walk you through: