It's alive! New automatic fax for Disney room requests

And–does anyone have a room recommendation for Sugar Loaf Key Club Level (away from the noise of the lounge)?

No you can pick a specific room.

Oh sorry I misread! Yes you can delete the specific room and just leave the general area.

Yes, you can easily customize the request. Just delete any specific room numbers in the Fax title. I’ve done this before for a Contemporary Garden Wing request and it worked perfectly. Needs to be identical to your MDE request though to avoid confusion.

1 Like

oooh–where in MDE can I make such a request? I looked on the app but didn’t see anything.

No, it’s not on MDE. It’s here on Touring Plans: Hotel Room Views

Hi, Len. Long time no see. And thank you.

It is not a king room, but a queen with a Murphy queen/table bed room. And it is not a conjoining room for Pop Century #0203.

1 Like

I would like to know this too . I hope that you get an answer. Have you tried using the room view/ finder on here?

That’s definitely the best thing to do. My perfect room might be your nightmare. Best to just check it out for yourself.

2 Likes

On MDE website when you do online Check In there are Room Request 1 and Room Request 2 drop down options. Best advice is to make sure what you select there matches your fax request from TP.

1 Like

Does this option vary based on what resort and room type you have reserved? I ask because on my MDE, when I select Room Request 1 and hit the drop down, there’s nothing available for me to select. I’m not overly concerned because I have my room request fax set with TP but, just curious if room requests aren’t always available on MDE.

@classykat22 Last year, my drop downs disappeared and reappeared periodically and different options even appeared at different times. Must be a glitch in their system. I just checked periodically and then when they did appear, I didn’t even add any. My TP fax at CSR was a success!

2 Likes

We were assigned 1366 facing the courtyard. The only part of our request that was awarded was the 3rd floor assignment. Asked if they had anything in Bldg 3 and was told nothing was ready when we checked in at 3:30 pm. There is no real advantage to a corner room from what I could tell versus POR, POFQ, & CB where most corner rooms have two windows. CSR just has one big double window. Positive was that the room was refurbished and location was very convenient.

1 Like

We just returned from staying at BWI. We requested room 5276 - standard view room. We received the room next door 5278 - garden view!!! All I asked for with online check in was an upper floor. So I would say the room request fax was successful! Thanks Touring Plans!

2 Likes

Stayed at BLT. Requested 8210 (1br lake view). At check in, the super nice awesome Ana mentioned the fax, and said that 8204 wasn’t available, that they’d selected 8104, if that would be ok? Absolutely! I had a lovely view of the lake from the bedroom, and I could see Space Mountain, and the castle from the living room. Watched Happily Ever After one night–great view! They even read my note on the fax about celebrating my birthday–I found a plate of Mickey chocolate chip cookies and a lovely note in my room after returning from the parks!!! This was a total win!!!

3 Likes

Is there a way to look at requests for connected rooms? I have two rooms at Pop Century coming up and I’m looking for rooms that aren’t too far from the transportation area, while on an upper floor and are adjoining. Based on the room recommendations from Touring Plans, the 1970s building is as close as I’ll get without switching from a standard to a preferred room.

If you mean you want a door between them, you for sure need to use the word “connecting”. If you say “adjoining” you may get rooms near each other (next to, around the corner, etc.) but there will be NO door in between them.

Honestly I’d probably just prioritize my requests and leave the pre-populated field blank or put my highest priority in that box, then put the prioritized list in the larger box.
Example:
We would like to make these requests in this order:
1 - Connecting rooms
2 - Near Transportation
3 - Upper floor

Obviously you’d put whatever order you want. Just make sure the most important request is first on the list (and marked as such).

1 Like

Just finished a week at Pop Century. Requested 5208 and got 5441. I did put in the additional comment section that our main priority was to be in the 60s section. And our room was ready when we arrived at 1:30 even though I said in the online checkin that we wouldn’t be there until 3 pm. So I consider it a win for the room request fax!

3 Likes

You can’t search for connecting rooms, and I believe some of the rooms that are flagged as connecting aren’t (and vice versa).

2 Likes

Another success story!! Staying at AKL and requested room 5241, 5301 or 5303 and we got 5303. This is our view! We are so excited. Thank you TP for this wonderful service!

7 Likes

Hi, I have a question/suggestion. I’m traveling with family and when I use the room finder I can’t seem to tell if the room is a connecting room. We want connecting rooms so I hate to fax request and ask for a room that doesn’t offer that. So am I missing this information? If it’s not available I suggest it ;-). Thanks!!