It's alive! New automatic fax for Disney room requests

@len I have added two trips (split stay). My first request worked without issue. When I try to create my second resort room request it brings up the information for my first resort. I’ve tried deleting the second trip, logging out, still the same result.

@len This is an AWESOME feature by the way!!! Thank you for this!!!

@len Sorry for the multiple posts. After trying different scenarios, the issue seems to be the resort itsel. POR does not seem to work for requests.

Hi–We are traveling with an older couple who are not as planning-savvy and we would like connecting rooms. I am struggling to find many connecting rooms. We paid for standard view rooms. Can you provide me with some options? We have a 4-year-old, 3-year-old and our friends are in their late 60s. Convenience is a plus and we also thought 3rd floor would be the quietest since no one will be walking above us. We check in on Sunday, so this timing is perfect. I was going to send in my own fax tomorrow. I have their reservation number also. Any tips would be appreciated.

We’re getting a courtyard view bunkbed room at the Wilderness Lodge… only certain specific rooms have that, and the room requests list a range that don’t take bunkbed rooms into account. Am I better off just not using the feature?

Forgot to specify this is PORFQ. I was hoping for building 4, but there does not appear to be many options for connecting rooms in that center building with the nicer views.

I’ve forwarded the POR problem to the developer.

What do u do if u get the error message?

I think that’s a bug. Sorry. @sarah is working on it.

1 Like

Ignore the error message for now, please. :slight_smile:

When you want to add “additional requests” do you all put full sentences or explanations. I just want to put that it’s our honeymoon but don’t know if I just put “it’s our honeymoon” or if I need to spice it up or something.

Not sure what happened but I got this in my email this morning.

New Alert: Room Request Fax Failure for Princess Half

Uh oh. We’ve been unable to send your fax to Disney’s Pop Century Resort. We’re looking at the problem. In the meantime, you may want to fax your room request to Disney’s Pop Century Resort another way. You can print a copy of your fax request here, and the number to fax to is 4079384040.

I’m only checking in on Feb.19, so not sure what happened?

In sending my last fax, I read in several places that if you “spice it up”, it can catch the attention of the room assigner. I’ve seen examples of rhymes, modified lyrics to Disney songs, all sorts of clever ways to get an assigners attention. Last time, I just told them why I really liked the room I asked for and it worked.

So, long story short (too late), I don’t think is hurts but I don’t know that it is necessary. For something like a honeymoon, I’d DEFINITELY include that information.

@Cinderella80 The system is trying to send a fax for everyone and it’s failing because we are outside the window. From what I understand, @len and company are aware and working on it. No problems on our part.

Thanks for clarifying!! Just wanted to let everyone know about the issue! I know Len and team are hard at work! :slight_smile:

@Len can I assume that if I booked through a TA, that the TA should continue to handle room requests? Thanks.

@ejj I’m not the great @len testa but I do know that my TA has said that room requests were one of her services.

@NeedaTurkeyLeg My TA also told me (both times I used her) that if she put the room request in, I shouldn’t make any other requests when I do the on-line check-in thing w/the WDW site, as they could conflict. One time I got the perfect room I requested, the other time, I got nothing remotely resembling what I requested, but that 2nd time, my flight got cancelled & my ressie was shortened by a day at the last minute, so I assumed that had a lot to do with it.

@ejj, when I did this last time, I was told repeatedly that the online check in wouldn’t mess with anything BUT because I faxed my information in I deliberately left stuff out of the online check-in. This time, I’ve read quite a lot of the same thing your TA has told you. So I plan on not saying a thing in my online check-in about a room request.

This is amazing! Thank you Len. I have 2 trips on my dashboard, with 2 separate check-ins and resorts, but it will not let me select a different room for the second stay. I know this is still new, but any ideas? Thanks again!