It's alive! New automatic fax for Disney room requests

This is an awesome feature. I had just put in a reminder in my calendar to send a fax, but now I won’t have to.

I have a few suggestions:

1. There should be some way to delete your request before the fax goes out. I was playing with the feature and now there is no way for me to remove it, only change it to a different room.

2. There should also be a way to make a more generic request; e.g. I want to be in one of the Calypso buildings at All-Star Music, but I don’t really care which specific room/floor.

Thanks, @len, for this cool feature! :smile:

3 Likes

@Len just letting you know I have my room request set up, as you requested I notify you. Hoping it goes out since I am only 4 days out from my trip now. Very easy feature to use…thanks!

This is so awesome!

@len, I have a stupid question which has probably been answered before. I’m trying to pick a 2BR villa for our BWV trip in May, and it’s not a selection choice in the dropdown of the tool. I’m assuming it’s because all 2BRs are studios and 1BRs combined?

Thanks @len Great feature!

@len Quick newbie question…is the reservation # the alphanumeric 8 character confirmation number that Disney provides or the 12 digit confirmation # that is required for BOG reservations? We are at the “world” in 7 days!..EEK :smile:

It’s the 12-digit number used for BOG. Good luck. Let me know what kind of room you end up with, please.

Checking on this now…

Yeah, that might be a bug in our database request. I know we specified that 2BR lock-offs were a combination of 1BRs and studios.

Let me ask David to look at it.

1 Like

@len how do I change my signature on the request?

@NeedaTurkeyLeg how did u get your name to appear in the signature?

I got a “fax failure” alert on my dashboard already, but I’m 13 days out, not 5…any ideas?

ETA: I have two separate fax failure alerts for the same trip that appeared this afternoon, a few hours after I did the request - just puzzled since the 5 day mark hasn’t hit yet?

I love this thread. Screen shots and troubleshooting, questions and answers! Hooray!

5 Likes

We are fixing it now. The alert is say the fax did not get sent, and it did not get sent since you are more than 5 days out.

@jenniemouse I don’t have the slightest idea. It just showed up like that. I cracked myself up with that. I went yo the trouble to black out my name and email in the top part of the picture but left it in the signature block.

If you put your name in the top part of the form, the next time you bring up the form your name will be in the signature.

1 Like

@len & crew rock!!!

1 Like

@len could you explain, if we enter info and you fax request do we not do online check in? Or do we just not put any requests in it. Thx

Ooh I see. Thank you! :blush:

My fax went out today…thanks @Len!

You and your staff rock! 7 days to go. Crossing fingers and excited about this tool. My boss hates it when I fax Disney :blush:

@Lentesta, I love that you have added this feature. I probably would never have gotten around to making a room request otherwise. Thank you.

My question is: How do you stop a fax from being sent?

I have a spilt stay starting in 27 days. I have 2 trips set up on the dashboard. The first one at ASMo, and the second at WLV.

I decided to set it up for WLV, so I selected the room that I wanted. The room got assigned to ASMo, WLV still reads requesting room: any. I don’t know how to delete the room selected from ASMo.

If I don’t enter a confirmation number, will that still stop the fax from being sent?

Thanks

Fiel

PS: The reason that I don’t want to send a room request to ASMo is because the room I want has already been requested and I don’t want to create a conflicting request.