It's alive! New automatic fax for Disney room requests

I have another question, what about online check-in? Do we still do that on Disney’s system or is that just going to confuse everything? @Lentesta @len

I’m very excited about this new feature. Thanks, @Len! You guys always seem to be ahead of the game, and I love how dedicated you are to improving the Lines experience.

I have never stayed at WDW before. How does this fax thing work? I see that I can request one room using this feature. What if this room is not available? Do they give us a room in the same area? (I am staying at Caribbean Beach and selected room 4249 and I saw that TP also recommends two other rooms in Building 42). Thank you @Lentesta and your awesome team for all of your hard work!

What about if you are staying with 2 rooms? I made a second trip but it won’t let me choose the other room.

Very cool!

@Poohs_Your_Daddy, in my experience, faxing the room request has nothing to do with online check-in. Because the online check-in doesn’t really allow you to request a specific room, the fax doesn’t affect any information you input.

I’m told you shouldn’t make requests on both sites, because it confuses the people doing the requests. You can still check in online, of course.

@tlrj4488 - Thanks! No room request is guaranteed, but Disney makes a best effort. If your specific room isn’t available and you’re using our service, we’ll list up to 8 other similar rooms for Disney to check. And you can override our suggestions with your set of alternates.

1 Like

You’ll want to create a separate trip with separate check-in date at the second resort. Let me know if that doesn’t work.

I created separate trip but we are checking in the same day at the same hotel…

You’re checking in to the same hotel twice on the same day? I’d still create 2 trips. It should work.

Thanks y’all for helping each other find the reservation form. I’ll ask @sarah if we can make that more obvious. Suggestions welcome.

We are a party of 6 so 2rooms. I have made a second trip but when I try to find a room its wants to replace the first trip.

Thank YOU for the awesome feature!

I think I got it. Just made a bogus check in day for second room then edit the days after I have selected room.

Love it - thanks TP team!

How do I change my signature from my email address to my name on the fax request?

@len I’m still not getting the extra info on my dashboard that @NeedaTurkeyLeg screenshots are showing? any suggestions? am I doing something wrong? :grinning:

sfl

Love the sound of that!