It was acceptable in the 80s

Nor VelociCoaster?

1 Like

VC has metal detectors. There is a system of two way lockers in the queue and metal detectors after the lockers.

5 Likes

Point blank as we entered the line team members said “if that can be a cross body you can keep it on. If it cannot, you will need to go to a locker”.

3 Likes

Good to know, thanks! I wonder if this holds for Forbidden Journey also.

1 Like

My new go to combo is a crossbody bag, small, and also one of those mini backpacks. The backpack holds things like the water bottles. I’ve found this combo to not be too intrusive. But, I no longer need a fanny pack b/c of looking after little kids b/c my kids aren’t little. Sometimes one of them puts on the mini backpack. DH likes to take a big backpack and carry lots of stuff but I hate that so if it’s just me I do the mini.

1 Like

I don’t know if she went on FJ in September, Gringotts was fine .

2 Likes

I went in January and used the WaterFly fanny pack pictured earlier. I took it on everything but VC, RRR, and Hulk. On Hagrid’s, they made me turn it around (and one other, maybe Gringott’s??). The VC system is AWESOME b/c it’s part of the queue, but if someone in your group isn’t riding and can hold your stuff, give it to them! My daughter and I did that and walked right past all the lockers- saved us at least 5-10 minutes during EE.

2 Likes

It’s funny that this question popped up. We have a trip planned in June and over the weekend, we were cleaning out my MIL’s basement and I found a retro WDW fanny pack that I DO plan on using in June when we go! Of course my DD looked at me like I was crazy but I love that I can put my phone and money/cards in there and not have to dig through my backpack to grab things.

6 Likes

FJ is super tight. I know they do allow bumbags on but I don’t know how people manage it. I’m small and get crushed by the restraints. There is a tiny pocket in the seat that would fit a phone.

2 Likes

I think you shouldn’t really care if their in fashion amiga. The real question is if they work for you or not. We don’t want you getting bum rash or something!

4 Likes

:rofl::rofl: I definitely don’t want bum rash :+1:t2::yellow_heart:

2 Likes

Nobody does. And yet…

1 Like

:joy: :rofl: :joy:

1 Like

Happy International Fanny Pack Day everyone!!

9 Likes

Seriously?

so weird

4 Likes

But those are rucksacks :thinking::laughing:

3 Likes

is a rucksack a backpack?

3 Likes

Yes. They don’t look like fanny packs, do they? Maybe we just can’t see the tell tale straps :woman_shrugging:t4::laughing:

5 Likes

maybe they are those new sling bags?

2 Likes

I’m inexplicably drawn to the orange one :thinking:

2 Likes