It was acceptable in the 80s

Exactly. They serve a purpose.

4 Likes

I voted for practical as long as its not cheesy. But you can just sling the over your shoulder for pictures and the bulk around the waist isn’t flattering on most people (unless you let it hang low). I have a small backpack sling that I prefer from Inuit. I LOVE them. They hold up really well.

2 Likes

Count me amongst the people who were overjoyed to see them return to stores in mid-2019. I gloriously donned one for our WDW MVMCP trip that year.

I do tend to swing it backward for photos.

I just realized it does pull weirdly on my clothes and make me look waist-less. So there’s that. :stuck_out_tongue:
But I love having hands-free.

6 Likes

I did use fanny packs when hiking, years ago.

Last few trips I’ve used cross body bags. I don’t carry much.

I have seen lots of over the shoulder wearing of waist packs.

Speaking of chic or not chic, I’m thinking of trying overalls on our next trip instead of a cross body bag. I found some cute ones with little gnomes all over. Should look really good with my shape. :penguin: :blush:

3 Likes

Looks good on you!

4 Likes

My hands are free!

6 Likes

I wore one for about 8 yrs when my kids were little. The convenience of knowing that my valuables were actually strapped to my body, when I was flailing around trying to keep track of 3 little people, was more important to me than the fashion. That being said, they make some incredibly beautiful ones nowadays. The one I used was an embroidery of a Van Gogh painting.

2 Likes

ok… Qn’A I found in Amazon about a fanny pack

13 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Now that my kids are older I have a small cross body bag. When they were younger I used a hiking fanny pack. It held two large water bottles on the sides. Lots of snacks, sunsceen, etc in the center. It was wonderful to be able to access food, water, band aids, instantly whenever needed. I just moved it to the back for photos. I can’t say I know much about fashion, but function was awesome.

5 Likes

We all bought fanny packs for our June trip because we want to deal with lockers as minimally as possible. Husband has an Under Armour one that looks more ‘masculine’, and I bought a Kipling Abanu because it converts from a crossbody bag to a fanny pack.

I had the hardest time finding ones for my daughters, 8 & 6, because they have smaller waists, but had to look for toddler/small kids ones to find ones that fit. One is a mermaid and the other a unicorn so they can schlep their own stuff around during the day.

3 Likes

We’ll be at Islands of Adventure early next month. Can you wear a small fanny pack (waist pack) on Hagrid’s and Forbidden Journey? What about a cross-body bag?

1 Like

Forbidden Journey, a fanny pack should be okay as long as it doesn’t interfere with the restraint. I think there is some rule about the closure, but most adhere to that fine.

I don’t believe you can wear a fanny pack on Hagrid’s, but I don’t remember for sure…BUT, one thing to keep in mind is that the locker situation at Universal is actually rather efficient. A tad annoying, but I wouldn’t worry too much about it. They lockers are quick and easily accessed. Just remember that empty EVERYTHING from your pockets on rides (no exceptions!) that use the metal detectors, such as Hulk, etc.

2 Likes

No kind of bags or any items in pockets for VC, Hulk, RRR. You should only have your park ticket on you to acces the lockers.

2 Likes

I use and enjoy sling bags that go across the body for battery packs, umbrella, poncho, etc

2 Likes

Fanny packs with 3 prong closures are allowed on Hagrid’s. There is no metal detector and I have always worn the Fanny pack I linked above . (Same as mummy and other locker but no metal detector rides).

6 Likes

I thought these severest restrictions applied only to Hulk and Rockit (neither of which we’ll be riding).

4 Likes

VC has lockers/and then metal detectors in the queue (it is an amazing system).

Hagrid’s has lockers (other attractions do too) but I wear my Fanny pack and future DIL was told a crossbody was ok too.

5 Likes

Yeah, I’m pretty confident you can use a fanny pack on Hagrid’s and FJ, but I’m not sure I’d trust they’ll let a cross-body bag go through every time. And if you’re doing the locker thing, you have to do it before you even get in line—at least that’s what I remember from FJ in 2017—right?

2 Likes

Sorry i misspoke. Hagrids has no metal detectors.

4 Likes