It was acceptable in the 80s

Are bum bags (aka fanny packs) actually back in fashion?

If I had mad forum skilzzzz I would’ve created a poll (maybe @Jeff_AZ could help me out of I ask him nicely :pray:t3::grinning:).

The practicality of using one of these retro throw backs in the park really appeals to me, but would I regret it when I see the trip photos??

Opinions please…

6 Likes

I have one. I don’t use it for every trip but sometimes it’s super helpful because of the size. We also have collapsible water containers so that’s helpful too!

It doesn’t look great in photos. However, I’m pretty sure I could twist it around to the back, pull my shirt over the belt part and you wouldn’t be able to tell.

Good luck making a decision!

5 Likes

I have a backpack and a crossbody for Disney (what I carry depends on rain) but at Universal I have a fanny pack.

3 Likes

My bag allows me to safely keep my phone, money, credit cards on every attractions except for the three with metal detectors.

2 Likes

What say you? Fanny packs/bum bags? If you had to choose one:

• Chic and practical
  • Tacky and embarrassing

0 voters

1 Like

:rofl::rofl: Thanks @Jeff_AZ :+1:t2:

2 Likes

I voted for tacky, but some people can pull it off. And practicality is more important than fashion. IMO. However, I like sling bags myself.

2 Likes

So, we will be using the freestyle cups. I don’t know if using a carabiner to attach them to the side would be cumbersome and unsightly. Even if I use a backpack this is still something I need to think about.

And it’s still practical for fitting into the free lockers. Winning :+1:t2::laughing:

1 Like

I bought that particular Fanny pack based on Universal liner recommendations.

3 Likes

My DW was one of those people who said she would NEVER EVER wear one. I told her she should get one for Universal when we went last March, but nope.

Well guess what, she is a school teacher and this school year she has to walk between buildings daily. She seriously bought one because it’s so handy to keep her essentials in. (she also pushes a cart back and forth)

She don’t care what other people think and loves it. No doubt this will be coming with to Universal next trip. :joy:

5 Likes

They are but ppl wear them over the shoulder and across their chest now (like a cross body bag) I’ll look for a pic. DS wears his this way and I see it all over the parks too

2 Likes

Yes, they are in style. However, they tend to be warn over the shoulder, across your body, in the front.

3 Likes

2 Likes

We like using these. You can sling it over your shoulder or use the short strap. The freestyle cups do have a short strap, but they can come undone recently. Also, if you use the shoulder strap you don’t have to remove them from the holder to drink. Or when my DD wanted a drink. If you look in the reviews, there are some photos of freestyle cups in them.

1 Like

I can’t vote for either choice. They aren’t tacky. They aren’t chic. They are practical. No one would care two hoots whether you wore one or not, so not embarrassing.

I will use one on occasion.

5 Likes

This guy looks funny with the bag in front. In back it looks fine…but a fanny pack would look better than wearing that sling bag in front. (Do people actually do this with sling bags? Mostly I see them worn on the back.)

ETA: we have a sling bag and some string bags I usually go to when I need a bag.

1 Like

I’m seeing fanny packs worn in the front now. I did see a young woman w/ it cross body under her arm too.

2 Likes

:wink:

1 Like

I was going to mention that Universal has a lot of Fanny packs for sale…

3 Likes